Probably A Dumb Question...

SRTaj10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my frist oil change done on my SRT-10 at 900 miles as it was gobbling up oil. When should I go back for the next oil change, I was guessing about 3900 miles??? Also when is the first major service due on the car as in they do way more than just the oil change? Thanks.

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that there is an outside chance the owner's manual addresses these issues. You never know, so have a look.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had my frist oil change done on my SRT-10 at 900 miles as it was gobbling up oil. When should I go back for the next oil change, I was guessing about 3900 miles??? Also when is the first major service due on the car as in they do way more than just the oil change? Thanks.

"Gobbling" oil needs to be a bit more specific. Did you use 1 QT in 900 miles?
2-3QT is a gobbler, .5 is a sipper, anything more than 1.5 would have me a bit concerned IF-IF-IF you were being a good boy like the owners manual requests.
MONITER CLOSELY. KEEP A LOG SHEET Til the consumption normalizes. Dodge warrantee will use this to help determine if there is a problem.

Owners manual aside, Viper Owners usually change oil far more frequently than the manual suggests. I seldom go 3000 miles, usually 2500, and no more than 3 track days on engine oil, regardless of miles.

Rule Of Thumb: 1 Roadcourse Track Day = 1000 miles of oil wear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235