Carolinas Region VCA Events - April

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good evening, fellow Viper Enthusiasts!

For those folks that either didn't receive the last newsletter or have forgotten about our very active schedule for this spring, this is a reminder email of the GREAT events we have coming up. Look for a newsletter to be published within 2 weeks, but there is still time to sign up for any of the following activities:

THIS SATURDAY
April 3th, 2004
Food Lion AutoFair at Lowes Motor Speedway, Charlotte, NC
There are still spaces available for this great show - a few hundred thousand folks will be out to see the Vipers. Advance notice is required for Saturday's show. There will be a convoy from Raleigh on Saturday morning and we will be meeting at the Shell station before you enter the speedway (off I-85) at about 8 AM to hand out car and people passes. If you want your pass sent - CALL ME - 919.782.3495 or reply to this email. The club will provide lunch - probably at the Speedway Club and we will also be awarding trophies. We'd love to have some South Carolina folks attend, and it'd be nice to see the Charlotte area folks, as well! Again, space is available, but limited and the cost is FREE for VCA members.

Saturday, April 10, 2004
Karting Experience at VIR, Danville VA
Drive a shifter kart around VIRs twisty kart track. This event is going to be a BLAST - VIR will provide the track, the karts and driving suits and helmets. Instructors will be available to show us around the course and then we'll be on and off the track for 3 hours. Track time starts at 1 PM and we have the entire track until 4 PM - you'll be exhausted, but grinning from ear to ear. Lunch will be included for VCA members. Cost is $50/person. Non-members / guests are welcome at $65. You must sign up for this event - contact Jeff Snell at [email protected] or by phone at 919.341.8625 - space is available but limited. There will be a convoy from Raleigh, but we won't have to leave before dawn - leave at about 10 AM. Come on out and check out this facility - sharpen your driving skills and have some friendly competition. Prizes and giveaways!!!!

Saturday 17, 2004
Rockingham, NC
Mopars at the Rock - Drag Racing and Car Show
Annual drag racing event - Viper only class!!! Get out there and show us what you can do..... Rockingham is always a great place to get those snakes out on the strip and put down some good numbers. There will be a car show with awards / trophies for those that don't drag. Prizes and giveaways for club members - small entry fee paid to rockingham directly. There will be a convoy from Raleigh, ETD TBD. No preregistration is necessary, but let me know if you'll be attending so that we can save space at the show and I can email folks with any late breaking Rockingham info.

Other events are in the works - stay tuned for news. And if you have any event ideas or suggestions for club participation, please call or email me - I am ALWAYS open to new ideas.

Janni Cone
Carolinas VCA President