Just installed Gen III seats in my Gen II (PIC)

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing a set of Gen III seats last evening in my 97 GTS. Installation was not difficult, just made some brackets to line up with the Gen II bolt holes. IMHO this is a big improvement. I was surprised at how much more substantial in construction the Gen III seats are over the Gen II's. (Gen III are much heavier) I like the headrest, the additional side bolster, and about an inch in additional height the way I set them up. (I'm 5'10") Your *** is planted in these seats. I also have had no problems shifting as some have due to the larger bolsters. These are the seats that should have come with the car. They also look great. Can you tell I'm happy with the swap? :D :usa:

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Just installed Gen III seats in my Gen II

Do you thing they would improve in keeping your body planted when either autocrossing or events with high speeds/lateral g's? I'll find out firsthand in a few weeks but thought you could provide some insight into potential or less potential to slide around in the seat.

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you thing they would improve in keeping your body planted when either autocrossing or events with high speeds/lateral g's? I'll find out firsthand in a few weeks but thought you could provide some insight into potential or less potential to slide around in the seat.

Huge improvement. :headbang: :headbang: :usa:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelby, how's the car running?

Post some pics when you get a chance.

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelby, how's the car running?

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Car's running like a scalded ape. Here's a pic of the new seats.

You must be registered for see images

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great upgrade. I drove my friends SRT and I coundn't get over how well your ass stays planted and also being very comfortable. The gen III seat was the first thing I noticed when driving. Wise choise for the 97 GTS . They look great in the car from the pics.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, they do look great and more supportive. I'll see how mine do with me in them at an SCCA event in a few weeks then perhaps look into getting some if need be. Thanks for the pics.

By the way, I'm not an enthusiast anymore but I cant get my avatar thingy to change :(

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What was the cost? Just wonder how they compare to competition seats.

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks great! Gotta love those side bolsters. Definately something to add to the mod list. How much they run ya?

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not to beat a dead horse, but after three days of driving the car with these new seats, I thought of a way to describe the difference. If you would rate the SRT seats as a 10 on a scale of 10, the Gen II seats would rate a 3. Best mod I've added with the exception of the blower. :usa:

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Not to beat a dead horse, but after three days of driving the car with these new seats, I thought of a way to describe the difference. If you would rate the SRT seats as a 10 on a scale of 10, the Gen II seats would rate a 3. Best mod I've added with the exception of the blower. :usa:

I certainly couldn't agree with you more on that point!
Great mod...

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DR VIPER, Have you done this mod in your RT/10? If so, was there a clearance problem with a top on the car? :usa:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala