Just got back from Englistown(1st time with my DLM car to the track))

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got home from e-town. Had a great day and met some great people. Took a few passes to get used to launching the car with the slicks and skinnies. Last pass a few guys from Cartek called me out to play with a great guy named Mike in his FRC 441 Stroker with and automatic. I really didn't want to run because I thought I had no chance. We did run and it was the best drag race of my life. He ran 10.29@ 134mph (with a 1.52 60 foot) and I ran 10.16@ 142.67 mph (with a 1.67 60 foot). They were great guys with some fast cars. Can't wait to go again.

Nice meeting you Mike and Dave. Let me know when you are going to the track again.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good lord. Your first time at the track with the car, and you ran a 10.16?? I need to get some of that cold NE air and sticky track action.

Congrats - great showing!!

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice run Jeff. Based on that 60 ft I think the car has a 9.99 in it but you better get it soon before the temps get too high. Congrats! It sounds like fun, I've been missing it and haven't found the opportunity yet this year.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Treynor and Phil

temp was 53
humidity was 62
and the baromter was 29.93

I was told that the air quality wasn't that great (is this true ?)

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Doc,

Trying to go again this week. What should this car be able to 60' ?

I'll keep you posted.

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get yourself an extra set of half shafts and rear end because one or the other is definately going to break eventually when your launching really hard. If you have them as spares it just saves a little disappointment and minimizes your time without the car.

Good luck. Maybe I'll see you there one of these days.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered the drag shocks and heavy duty clutch from Doug. Should be in the nines by the weekend...

FFVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was nice to meet you in person jeff. all your cars are great. i like that woodie u had roped off in the showroom. my son liked the blue chevelle. u did a great job winning at the track. see u around town.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool site.i didn't know about it. It doesn't seem to have all the other cars ive read about on it. You should update it.
Max

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice runs twin. You definitely have a nine second car there once you get it to sixty-foot.

How much nitrous are you running?

Chad

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456