Wasn't this just posted?

Answers from previous thread were something like:
-John and Joe at Barbera in Philly- good guys at a questionable dealership
-"Just take it up to Tators, it's worth it"
-Take it to Heffner down in MD

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speeds confused. he's been trying to get in touch with everyone that he can think of....so now he's looking for someone to fix his ride....Speed it is not real hard to do the gaskets......

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay away from Barbera....crooks period...If you do go to them, make sure you get a decent estimate on the repair. The whole job should be no more than $2200-$2500 with parts/labor. I know the new head gaskets have gone up in price.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over $2000? Are you kidding? Frank, you did it yourself, how long did it take? That seems outrageous.

BigRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used Jeff D'Ambrosio's in Downingtown. They have decent Viper tech. I've only had minor work and maintenance done on the car though. It's about 35 minutes from Wilmington.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not the Techs that are the crooks that you speak of Frank. Joe & John are top Viper Techs. Like i said Speed, give joe or john a call they will take care of you.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over $2000? Are you kidding? Frank, you did it yourself, how long did it take? That seems outrageous.

Steve,

The gaskets are about $700+ now. I don't know what book time is but I know that Viper techs probably take the better part of two days to do the entire job, especially if they aren't doing it every day. If they charge 10 hours at $85-90+ an hour that is almost a grand. Figure tax, another $100 for an oil change and replacing antifreeze etc. What if they send the heads out to be cleaned up? Another $100 for resurfacing them. It's gonna run you $2,000 no matter how you twist or turn. $2,000 for head gasket r/r was pretty much standard price a while ago. Now with the gasket prices going up it will drive up the price of the job no doubt!
Take it to Barbera and that crook will charge you the better part of $2,500 easy. Any dealer price you get, Barbera will charge you more. He would be the last place I would take anything. When I was in the market for a Viper, one of the sales idiots had a 94 with 16,000 miles (spring of 2000) and wanted $52,000 for it! Does he prey upon the stupid? I told him that their price was inflated and he said make an offer. I told him I was about to buy a 94 (same year) with 7,000 miles for $38,000. He then said ...."well there's no way I can even come close..." Total idiot...$52,000 for a 94 Viper in year 2000 with almost 20,000 miles....yea sure buddy!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456