Honest opinion on these wheels.

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am curious as to what everyone thinks about these wheels. At first I must say I was not too nuts about them. They have kind of grown on me. I am just not sure that it is not the sheer desperation of wanting to own my first viper which makes me like them. This is the car that I am going to try to buy this week and the dealer says that he would trade me for other wheels that he has in stock. I am not sure on the model number, I only know that they are Hart wheels.

Thanks,
Martin

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on the other wheels in stock. Get him to throw in some ACR's for a little upgrade in price and I'd do that.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean the pretty blue insert piece? It's cute when chicks do things like that to their cars.

You must be registered for see images

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try to get the ACR rims if possible!! Also, just FYI, that is the PartsRack wing and not the GT2. Nice looking car though!! I'm in Dallas and let me know if I can help.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone notice that the inside of the fog light is painted white??? (or is it a reflection?)

Yeap, plus it has a fugly exhaust tip. Price is way to high for that mileage and modifications. I wouldn't touch that car for anything over 40K.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Butt Ugly Wheels!!
Try to get some stock wheels with it instead, and make sure you get the price down closer to 40k as already mentioned!

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to agree with the others "Ugly Wheels", looks ricer..wheels to match paint . If you can get stock wheeels on it and lower the price a 2 or 3K..buy it.

OP
OP
S

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kurt 97 gts,
Would you be able to go take a look at this car? It is near DFW. Also can you explain a little bit about the wing.

All,
I guess they really are as ugly as I thought. I appreciate the honesty and I will try to work him down a little bit with different wheels.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also agree with the others. Stock wheels, ideally chromed, would look nice. Plus a lot of dinero for a 96 with that kind of mileage.

OP
OP
S

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed a DLM viper with color matched wheels that looks great. I wonder if it is because they are black instead of blue? I am not sure how to post that pic but it is in the (selling my DLM).

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats a really nice Viper body kit on that Civic. Amazing how well ricers can use bondo these days.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Michaelp. Who cares what we think it is what you like. Me personally, I don't like the wheels, but what the hell do I know. If you like it, that is all that matters. Just like I have said in these posts before, it would be a pretty boring world if we all had the same wheels on our Vipers.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(Richard Simmons voice on) They're FABULOUS! (voice off)
;)
I like the style of the wheels, but not painted blue.
Just my .0000012 after tax.
:)
I think some ACR wheels would look nice, tho.

OP
OP
S

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kurt 97,

You have a PM.

Speedshftr,
I have heard that your car is great. I unfortunately would fall a short on the down pymt. side of it.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really think the stock five spoke aluminum wheels look the best of all.

You guys aren't going to like this, but I think all those aftermarket wheels look cheap and ricey on a Viper.

Just because other vehicles have aftermarket wheels doesn't mean that they belong on a car like a Viper.

Would you put them on a Ferrari? Would you put them on a Ford GT40?

Just so I make sure to pi$$ off everyone, wings look cheap and ricey on a street Viper too.