Thread: Need Your Prayers...

Reply to Thread
    Enthusiast

Default Need Your Prayers...

...for this job. I spent the last two days making phone calls and answering emails. I pulled in a couple of " favors ". Today I met with a temp. agency. On the assessment test, I scored a 93%. ( Not great but still really good...I'm a perfectionist...lol ) The meeting went amazing. There is a job opening ( that needs somebody RIGHT AWAY ) about 30 minutes form house. ( Same distance as downtown. ) This job pays $10 - $13. It's not going to make me rich, but will net me about $1,300 a month in " chump change ". ( Based on regular 40 hour week. ) So yeah, just pray I get this job.

( $1,300 a month based on $10/hour AND a 40 hour work week. ) Would be much more if I got ir for $13/hour.

p.s. The temp. agent said I would " knock their socks off ", and be very well put if I interviewed for this position. Is that a good sign if the temp. agent said that?

Viper Owner

Default Re: Need Your Prayers...

Cisco, you have a PM.

Enthusiast

You got the prayer! Keep your eyes open for better pay. If and when you change jobs, always try to improve your earning potential. Be ambitious. Think about business ownership.

"Pray like everything depends on God, and work like everything depends on you"

"The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Enthusiast

you're thinking about buying a viper on $1300 a month? I pull down just under double that a month and can tell you it ain't enough to be comfortable let alone try to finance a viper and pay for other crap.

Enthusiast

It is just a intro job. It is a Administrative Assistant - Project manager position. The payrates are by no means attractive really. But for a first job, I am not going to complain. That especially since I will be living at home. In time the pay will grow. This is just to get my " foot into the door " type of thing.

Clarification...again. The job could be to pay for the finance alone. I already have enough for up to ( and more if I desire ) for a 50% downpayment. I know the costs associated with a Viper. On $1,300 a month ( AFTER taxes ), I technically could pay for it. ( After Saving a bit ) Insurance will only be about $175 a month and Finance at MAX $400 a month. That is only $575 a month right there. Add in about $125 a month in gas on average and we're up to about $700 a month in costs. That still leaves me AT LEAST $600 a month for " whatever I want ". Outright buying...no. Financing yes....I don't know why some people keep seeing it as impossible. Don't get me wrong, I am nto planning to get it right away. But after saving a little bit of money, at the mnimum of $10 an hour, o a 40 hour work week I could afford it. ( And definetly could at $13 an hour. This would bring in about $1,700 a month which is more then enough.

Enthusiast

Hey, Cisco - you are on your way. No matter how much we make, we spend it anyway. I say you have a Viper before you reach 1500 posts. Your mom is going to be proud of you, man.

Enthusiast

It is just a intro job. It is a Administrative Assistant - Project manager position. The payrates are by no means attractive really. But for a first job, I am not going to complain. That especially since I will be living at home. In time the pay will grow. This is just to get my " foot into the door " type of thing.

Clarification...again. The job could be to pay for the finance alone. I already have enough for up to ( and more if I desire ) for a 50% downpayment. I know the costs associated with a Viper. On $1,300 a month ( AFTER taxes ), I technically could pay for it. ( After Saving a bit ) Insurance will only be about $175 a month and Finance at MAX $400 a month. That is only $575 a month right there. Add in about $125 a month in gas on average and we're up to about $700 a month in costs. That still leaves me AT LEAST $600 a month for " whatever I want ". Outright buying...no. Financing yes....I don't know why some people keep seeing it as impossible. Don't get me wrong, I am nto planning to get it right away. But after saving a little bit of money, at the mnimum of $10 an hour, o a 40 hour work week I could afford it. ( And definetly could at $13 an hour. This would bring in about $1,700 a month which is more then enough.
    You forgot insurance. Make a couple calls and see what that's gonna cost you a month. What happens when the head gaskets go? The tranny synchro goes????

BTW my job is entry level as well. Trust me, it's not a wise decision.

Enthusiast

lol....I said insurance would be about $175 a month. And could I cover the costs of those if they " go "...yes I could.

Enthusiast

So you interviewed with the temp but not with the company? Harass the temp and if you have the company name call them, find out the name of their HR Manager, go down there and ask to see the manager for two minutes and then introduce yourself and hand the manager your resume.