My door won't latch

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My door won\'t latch

When I close my door it bounces off the latch and won't close. Then if I pull it again it seems like the latch works and it closes. I've repeated this a few times and each time the first try it just bounces and the second time it will close.

Is it the solenoid going bad? Or do I just need to shoot some lube?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My door won\'t latch

Bounces off the latch? Hitting the latch? Not closing all the way? If so you may have to adjust the door up a little. They tend to settle or drop with age. "Just like a lot of things" :D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bounces off the latch? Hitting the latch? Not closing all the way? If so you may have to adjust the door up a little. They tend to settle or drop with age. "Just like a lot of things" :D

i have the same problem and its hitting against my wheather stripping...door is off the hinges and needs to be adjust upwards. can be done by unscrewing the three screws from the body panel between the door and hood. remove it and you will see the hinges that hold up the **** have someone hold the door a bit upwards and tighten the screws again and see if that works. actually a thread on this is you do a search.

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's what I thought at first. But it latches on the second try. When it does latch I'm not lifting on the door or slamming it harder.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

exact same problem on my 97 driver's door, to the point I gently close it until the popper "pops" then reopen and shut normally.

if the door closes on the 2nd time with the same pressure and seals normally it is most likely an electrical issue, ie. the popper is in the closed position when it should be open, and not a fittment issue I would think?

been like that for a while on mine, on occasion it's a three or four attempt try, bothersome to say the least.

let me know if you solve it, and I'll do the same!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper