Hawaii Vipers Owners........I need help!!!! ....... Cudaman

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am taking Mrs. Cudaman on a 15 year aniversary cruise aboard NCL's Norwegian Star. I am posting it here in hopes some of our Hawian Viper friends and other experienced Hawaiian cruisers can tell me things to do and some things not to waste my money on. I am on the cruise line as I type, via my lap top and my cell phone providing the Internet connection.

The ports of call are Monday april 26 Hilo from 11:00am-6 pm;Tuesday Kona 7am-6p; Wednesday Kahului:Maui 7am-11pm; Friday Lahaina,Maui7am-6pm;Saturday Nawiliwili,Kauai 8am-6pm; Sunday Honolulu, Oahu 7am 12pm.

If anyone knows things to do and any phone numbers of those associated business please post, also if of the people have more information PM me and I will call you.....

THANKYOU IN ADVANCE..... :2tu:

(Moderator thanks for leaving post here were more people can veiw and can respond.)

Cudaman :usa: and Mrs. Cudaman :usa:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing you have to do in Hawaii is go to the Arizona Memorial. It is a real experience, unlike anything i've felt before. If you go you will know exactly what I am talking about.

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IEATVETS....I had planned on doing that, I am sure it will be a very emotional tour.

Cudaman :usa:

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Grand Walia in Maui is a beautiful hotel resort. A lot of original artwork, like Picasso. And a nice little church on the beach I got married in.

Andy

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Options depend on if you are getting a rental car at each island.

What are the shore excursions offered by the cruise? They may get you to the best places for the best $$.

Maui in one day is pretty tough. You will take a tender into Lahaina for the day. You can walk the town in a couple of hours. KAANAPALI is just to the north and the resorts there are even intersting to walk through, retail is Whalers Village. If you want the day of Golf it's Kapalua. Bay, Village or Plantation are all awesome. For an intro Scuba Dive, or certified dive, from Lahaina it's "Dive Maui". Talk to Becky,l Dave or Warren. pm me with your excursion options & I'll let you know what they are like.

Kaui in a day: check out the best deal on an Island Chopper tour. It will take you to the north clffs, huge waterfalls, to the highest rainfall place on earth insde the worn down crater/cone of 400+ inches per year, and the mini grand canyon there. Then take the boat trip to the "Fern Grotto" for the "wife factor"

On Oahu, Pearl Harbor and AZ Memorial is a must see and has to be done first thing in the day or you will be in for LONG waits. After that the tours usually go through the city, Punchbowl, etc.

Marv

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While on Oahu, if it's open Sunday try to make it to the Polynesian Center on the North Shore. It is quite interesting. The best secnic viewing is to drive around the Eastern side of the Island towards Diamond Head to the North Shore and Sunset Beach (if you get out of the car take your valuables with you). And by all means while on the North Shore try some of Giovanni's shrimp. It's only sold in a white small truck parked on the side of the road. It is the best shrimp you ever tasted. BEWARE of the hot sauce.It is by all means the hottest thing I ever tasted. Catch the sunset, you won't believe how fast it sets. Have a Mia tai and a pineapple for me. Enjoy yourself. Aloha! :D

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live on Oahu and to add to the above list, you need to attend a Luau. Any hotel will have one. It is definately something out of this world.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Ward,
Hmm, Monday in Hilo..(lucky dog!)
Do they offer an excursion to go to the Volcano National Park? If so, do it. Stop in at the lodge and check out the view.
You'll probably stop in at one of the macadamia nut farms on the way back into Hilo.
I've never been on a cruise over there, but racked up enough frequent flyer miles using credit cards when racing to make some trips.
Rainbow falls in is Hilo and nice to see also.
As Marv and others mentioned, let us know what your excursion options are each day and we'll try to point you in the right direction.
Kauai is a must by air. Air Kauai is a good one to take.
Hope you two have a great time!
Sean

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kauai:

This is one of the coolest things my wife and I have ever done. They fly 4-6 people to the Forbidden Island of Ni'ihau for 4 plus hours, then check out Kauai on the way back. This is the only way to see and especially set foot on this island. If you are a hunter, they will even set up a hunt including pillaging the island in their Hummer H1. It is truly an unbelievable experience.

The owner of the tour owns the entire island and is the largest land owner on Kauai. His helicopter is also the one used in the first Jurassic Park movie. This is a relatively unknown tour that stays quite busy by word of mouth.

I would highly recommend it.

Ni'ihau Tour

It takes only 12 minutes to fly from Kaua'i to an island that few outsiders have set foot on since 1864. This 72-square-mi island 17 mi from Kaua'i is now run by the Robinson family, who raise cattle and sheep on the barren land. Bruce Robinson initiated Ni'ihau Helicopters in 1984 in order to supplement the cost of medical evacuation via helicopter for residents. Tours avoid the western coastline, especially the village of Pu'uwai, where the island's 200 residents live. Flights depart from and return to Kaumakani. There's a four-passenger minimum for each flight, and reservations are essential. Ground transportation is not available. A picnic lunch on a secluded Ni'ihau beach is included along with time for swimming and snorkeling. The half-day tour is $280 per person.

For more information, contact Ni'ihau Tours. Mailing address: Ni'ihau Helicopters, Box 690370, Makaweli, 96769, PHONE: 808/335-3500 or 877/441-3500.

Another fun thing to do is an ATV tour on Kauai. It is a lot more fun than it sounds and my wife really enjoyed it. You get real dirty screaming (if you get a good guide and group) around the hills and vallies, then stop for a dip in a waterfall and some lunch.

Maui:

If you are a snorkeler, go to the crater when on Maui. It is an old volcano which protrudes out of the water about two thirds of its circumference and is a fish sanctuary. It is also spectacular.

As stated, golf at Kapalua is awesome.

Oahu:

The North Shore of Oahu is cool if the waves are big (and I mean BIG) but not sure if they are this late in the season.

The Arizona and Pearl Harbor are moving.

The Big Island:

If you like to fish, this is the deep sea fishing capital of the world. Nuf said.

Have fun you lucky dog.

Chad

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing not to do: take a bike trip down one of the mountains/volcanos. I signed up for one where they transport you to the top and you coast down the mountain. Sounds like fun. Yet, I later learned that life line helicopters daily pick up injured/dead bicyclists due to some senior citizen that lost control of their bike and ran into other bikes causing a real mess. I cancelled the bike trip.

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First thing I want to do is THANK everyone for their response.

You must be registered for see images

pool on ship pictures

I can only respond when we are in a port(have to be near a cell phone tower). The other thing is I am 6 time zones different than Fl.

Went on a awesome tour Volcano National Park. We went to the edge of a a semi active Volcano, saw old lava trails from the 1950's and the 80's......killer stuff read about this stuff in science class when I was 12 years old. Tour bus drives thru tropical rain forrest and then into lava fields. i am going to try to post pictures if possible.

P.S. Pictures sent while at sea off the coast on the way to next port.

Cudaman :usa: in Halio,Hawaii

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet you get some cool landscape ideas. Now you can write it off :D

Chad

You know it Chad......LOL

I needed to get plenty of ideas for that house in Harbor Acres, I want to impress that customer!

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
I stayed at the Gran Wailea in Maui and it is one of the worlds most grand hotels. I also rented a viper there from exotic rentals and thats how I caught the bug>>>>>

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One of the coolest things we saw was when we cruise around the Hawaii island(south side)at night was a active lava flow into the sea.

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool Ward. Hope you are having a good time. I'm taking my family to Hawaii for 17 days in June. We are island hopping every 4 days or so to the 4 major islands. Can't wait.
Thanks also to the other posts. Got some good tips for my vacation.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ward looks like fun. I'll be there 31rst of May. for my 24th aniversary and my son's High School graduate gift.
Were flying to Maui and then Kauai. Can't wait it will be our first time there. Let me know some of the must see's.

Enjoy,
Mike