Has anyone done business with Mr. Viper “Eric Lee”

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all I am a friend of Joe’s using his name to get information (with his permission)

I’m in the process of buying my first Viper from Eric Lee at Latham Dodge in Twin Fall, Idaho. It’s a Blue and White stripe 1997 GTS with 33k on. If anyone can go take a look at or send me some Pic’s at [email protected], there is a $50 cash or pay pal bird dog for you :cool: . I live in St. Louis, MO and have no way to check this out before I buy it. I would appreciate the help! Just a little nervous buying a seven-year-old car with no warrantee :confused: !

Thanks

Shawn McCauley
314-406-0750

PS. I would of used my login but I have not received a confirmation yet of my account

Dave Adkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My personal experience buying a 1994 RT/10 - sight unseen - from Eric Lee was favorable. I'd recommend him.
There were a few issues with my car after delivery (also with no warantee) but Eric bent over backward to
appropriately address them.

My two cents.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
don't buy that car.....i know that car, that's NOT Erics car, it's his friends....but just walk away from it, it's long story....later....

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't buy that car.....i know that car, that's NOT Erics car, it's his friends....but just walk away from it, it's long story....later....

??????/ Got to give more info to the guy than just that, :confused: :confused:

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know...I saw it myself and was a bit " worried " about it. I don't know what...but something doesn't seem " quite right ".

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im looking for a second Viper and I have been watching that car also. Good buy?? What can't be said here? something I should know? Thanks.

Reaction score
I have bought from Eric 3 times. GRAND SLAM every time!
The cars were exactly as he described. He took my trades on trust of condition, and I too think he was very satisfied. I had my doubts the first time around but now I deal with him and I do not lose any sleep wondering if he will stand up to his side of the bargain. And by the way I deal cars all the time and I am not always easy to please.

If you have doubts about any car ask him and I am sure he will answer. In fact I have called on a couple of cars that I was interested in and he talked me out of buying them by giving me details I could not live with.

OP
OP
P

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I emailed Eric about this car and he will not respond now after I showed him the link to this board. I have chosen to pass on this Viper because I can't get an answer from him. Thanks for all the info!

Shawn

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good choice by not buying from Eric Lee. I bought a 99 GTS from him a year ago. When I talked to him on the phone before the purchase, I asked him the usual questions and asked him if the car looked like it was repainted or not. He said no. I bought the car and on delivery it looked very nice besides being dirty. I signed the papers and off the driver went. I washed the car and found overspray all over the car. Upon further inspection, the car was definately repainted. I called him and sent him pictures. He was very hard to get a hold of after that. I am happy with the car because whoever painted it did a good job, but I am not happy with Eric. He also promised me a car cover and floor mats because I waited a while for delivery of my car. Here it is a year later and still yet to receive those items. Now I am having a problem with my car stalling and I called him to see if he can contact the previous owner and see if they had a similar problem because the dealer cannot find what the problem is. No call from Eric. Thanks Eric, I will never do business with you again! :(

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eric Lee is NOT the problem, the problem is "who's car is he trying to sell"......or "who own the car before".....

mrviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand that someone thinks this car is a friend's car. I have the car in my warehouse right now. I purchased the car in CA two weeks ago. I am selling the 97 GTS Blue white stripes to Shawn for a very fair price. I have done everything to make him comfortable with this transaction. I know we can't keep everyone happy but we will do our best. I want to thank the Viper Community again for their faith in Latham Motors and Eric Lee. I have enjoyed selling Vipers for the last 14 years and hope to be able to continue to do so.

Sincerely,

Eric Lee
Mr. Viper
Latham Dodge

SSLIDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW....Hearing Eric "Mr. Viper" Lee brings back an old wound (1999) and the worst car buying experience I've had to date.
Yeah, the wound may be almost 5 years old, but I figure someone asked, so, why not give my opinion and experience of Eric "Mr. Viper" Lee and of Latham Motors.

It's a long story (which I won't go into all the details) that started on October 29, 1999 (Delivery date of my first new VIper)and ended on December 12, 1999 (When I sent it back). Latham Motors, Eric, and Lisa screwed things up so bad, Bob Latham Jr. got involved in the deal.

The bottom line: Somehow the numbers on the "Installment Contract" got "manipulated" to show a monthly payment that, when ran through a simple loan calculator, didn't add up. Of course the "error" was caught "two" weeks after I had the car in my possession. Is that called "CREATIVE FINANCING?" Also, the paperwork needed to title the car was more than 30 days late and DMV was going to impose a stiff penalty for late sales tax and title. Latham then wanted to change the sale date to avoid paying the penalties. Is that called "CHEATING?" And, to top the whole experience off, Latham took somewhere between 35-40 days to pay off my Corvette. I was asked to make a final payment on the Corvette (which was traded in a month prior) until Latham could pay for it. Is that called a "NO INTEREST LOAN?"

I made a full written report with the BBB to which the BBB and I never heard back from Latham, Lisa, or Eric "Mr. Viper" Lee.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've bought 2 brand new vipers from Eric and everything went fine. I will call him again when I'm in the market.

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I've been on this forum -- when one wants to purchase a Viper, only two names comes up over & over.

Bill P. @ Woodhouse
Chuck T. @ Tator's

I wonder why no one recommends :coughcough: "Mr. Viper" :coughcough: Eric Lee. Look above at the posts...for every one that says "I'm happy" there is another that says "I'm not happy".

Not a good ratio. You don't see him posting on this board much. Why don't I like him? Well, when I was in the market for my first Viper -- Mr. Viper sure tried to stick it to me. That was enough of that and I would NEVER recommend him nor Latham Dodge EVER!

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When buying my 97 GTS, I called Eric and he would not return my phone calls!! I finally gave up on this guy. If he's too busy to sell me a $55,000 car, then I'll take my money elsewhere (and did!!) :)

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can you take anyone seriously who calls themself "Mr. Viper?" Sounds about one step shy of Dom Deluise's Captain Chaos alternate personality in The Cannonball Run to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32