Roe supercharger

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As some of you know from previuos posts from me, I have been contemplating getting a Roe blower. After making a lot of phone calls, I think I have decided to bite the bullet and buy one for my Gen1 94 RT/10. I would like to hear from those of you that have a Roe blower and tell me the good and the bad. I know Sean is a top notch person and will stand behind his work. Have you had any problems? Tuning issues? Anything at all would be helpful. I plan on placing my order eithet Weds. or Thurs. after I hear from those of you that have a blower. Thanx!! :D :D :D

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now, correct me if I am wrong here. According to Sean, this charger would put down 520 ( maybe more? ) RWHP right away. This is with an complete stock engine ( other then blower of course ). The RWTQ is around that much.

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To give you guys an idea. When mine was on my 2002 GTS w/no cats, B&B catback, 70mm t.b.'s,3" smooth tubes,3" air box mod,filters,MSD plug wires,aluminum flywheel it put out:

Run #1 525 rwhp/ 550 rwtq
Run #2 526 rwhp/ 546 rwtq

The car had been sitting cold for hours and idled for about 5 mins. before Run #1 started. After heat soak sets in the SOTP feel is less.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I get one, are YOU guys gonna give me a place to live???? :crazy:

<smiley gettin' kicked in the nutz> :eek:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To give you guys an idea. When mine was on my 2002 GTS w/no cats, B&B catback, 70mm t.b.'s,3" smooth tubes,3" air box mod,filters,MSD plug wires,aluminum flywheel it put out:

Run #1 525 rwhp/ 550 rwtq
Run #2 526 rwhp/ 546 rwtq

The car had been sitting cold for hours and idled for about 5 mins. before Run #1 started. After heat soak sets in the SOTP feel is less.

Your numbers seem kinda low. I have the same mods.except I also have T&D Rockers. My car is also an 02. After 8 dynos, waiting 15-30 minutes apart, heat soaked, low 90's outside, with terrible humidity my best was 581 rwhp and 596 rwtq.Sae corrected. This was before any of the upgrades we're available for the vec2. I now have the updates and some very fine tuning from Larry Macedo. I would be curious to see what my new numbers would be. When we dynoed my car was barely broke in. It only had 1600 miles.

We differ on brand of modifications I use Balenger Headers, Random Hi-flow cats the metal ones, and Corsa exhaust. I wonder if one combo works better than another or just different dynos??????? :2tu:

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[Your numbers seem kinda low.]

2MANYTOYS
Yea I thought so too. I was told my car was probably a weak 2002 from the factory. But now I have no s/c and I did add 1.7 RR & Belanger headers. Larry Macedo did the s/c removal and install on new parts. My dyno #'s using his same dyno now are:

471 rwhp/498 rwtq w/o a s/c

Dynoed right after s/c removal w/o new parts So everyhting was equal. My #'s were:

443 rwhp/ 483 rwtq

I lost 83 rwhp/ 67 rwtq when the s/c was removed.

So I don't think my car is weak at all. Larry is installing NOS/Propane for me now. Can't wait to fill that jolt.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2MANYTOYS
Yea I thought so too. I was told my car was probably a weak 2002 from the factory. But now I now have no s/c and I did add 1.7 RR & Belanger headers. Larry Macedo did the s/c removal and install on new parts. My dyno #'s using his same dyno now are:

Dynoed right after s/c removal w/o new parts So everyhting was equal. My #'s were:

443 rwhp/ 483 rwtq

So I don't think my car is weak at all. Larry is installing NOS/Propane for me now. Can't wait to fill that jolt.

I wonder if my car having the headers and Rockers made the difference in HP & TQ?
I bet that is the case. If you did not have the rockers or headers when you had the S/C that sounds like a possible difference of 40+/- hp which would have put your car in the same range as mine.
I don't buy other peoples theories that some 02 were slow from the factory. Those are good numbers with the bolt ons you have now.
You gotta love Macedo. He's great with the cars.

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like there aren't to many many complaints about Roe's blower. I was told by Sean that for a Gen1 viper I could expect a 35-40% increase in HP and TQ. So that would put me around 500-525rwhp. The only mods I have are are high flow cats and mufflers and smooth tubes. Should I or shouldn't I.................I think I shall!

JimT 99RT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My only complaint is the change that comes over your car, it is no longer just a Sunday cruising car, driving in town at 25-30mph is a chore, you have to wait for the car ahead of you at the light to get far enough ahead so you don’t pull right up on their bumper when you very gingerly apply the throttle. Your friends egg you into childish burnouts. The car scares your wife and makes your sister scream like little girl when you barely even get on it and haven't even broken 90mph. Your onramp near your house becomes a ¼ track, and if you have a chance for a good pull up the on ramp you will make the people behind you honk their horns and cuss you out while you let the other cars that have entered the on ramp get ahead so you can blast up the ramp. Friends ask you questions like, "what are you trying to do turn this thing into a top fuel dragster…” :laugh:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
35-40% with what pully??

if its a 5 thats more then you get on a gen 2 on a gen 2 its 25-30% with a 5 pound

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He said a 5# pulley! That is amazing, all that HP and TQ by just adding a blower. When I do get this thing installed, I will lose my extended warranty on my motor, that is the only thing I dread. I talked to my dealer this a.m. and he said I would lose my coverage. Oh well, I will get over it.

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call some other dealers, read, read, read! Don't let them kill your warranty. A year from now you'll hear "Too bad you didn't take your car to XYZ Dodge, they are super viper friendly. ;) "

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx for the PM Matt, I am calling tomorrow to check into that. Chicago isn't to far away either, only about 1 1/2 hrs. Hope it goes well, cause I want to be blown!! The car that is.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I might have one of the fastest roe sc'ers and I am happy with the blower kit. You cannot beat it for the price/performance. I was one of the pioneers of the heads/cam roe sc'ers and had my share of problems but it was just because I was one of the early guys. I currently have no problems with my drivability and performance. Sean is also excellent to work with.

I am a little afraid of the gen1 heads/cam blower cars because I think they will make more power than a gen2 with the same mods. Good luck to the gen1 guys with their new found power.

BTW, I think I have tapped the maximum potential of the roe supercharger. TO be able to run 148.6 MPH in the 1/4 with a roe blower @12psi is simply incredible. You also have guys like 1tony1 and cudaman running 144+ mph. This a statement of the potential of the blower.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a problem with the roe s/c , a real problem :( i was hiding it since long time now and its time to say it :(

you need sticky tires :p

perfect setup easy to install i installed it my self and i have a friend with a 99 rt/10 he did the installation alone too, we both have zero mechanic experience, but the way sean wrote the manual and the support sean gives, is more than you need.

As a matter of fact i ended up having two roe s/c's vipers, now what this tells you. ;)

Go for it my friend, let the power of boost be with you. ciao

Utahviper, 148.6 MPH :shocked: :shocked: congrats man this is insane, almost like turbo viper's or even faster, any guess RWHP/RWTQ numbers ? i belive less than the turbo cars !! Awesome really awesome! :headbang:

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MBN

I am sure I have less HP/TQ than you. You need to get yours to the track and lay down over 150MPH trap speed. I don't have any dyno numbers but I would guess around 775-800RWHP and 825-875RWTQ. I don't think I could accomplish that trap speed with less HP/TQ.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I just had some warranty work done today on the ABS system, no questions. The car is so streetable, and so fast. 5th gear on the highway is a blast, at 70 mph just blink and your at 120 mph. This is a great all around system, it was 85-90 F today, stuck in traffic the car runs the same as a stock Viper. Again, as many people have said each Viper is different, I think the dyno tunning is a must. Go for it!!!!!!!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbnviper what else do you have done to this car

02 FE GTS ROE S/C 903 RWHP & 1090 RWTQ ?

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2MANYTOYS
Yea I thought so too. I was told my car was probably a weak 2002 from the factory. But now I have no s/c and I did add 1.7 RR & Belanger headers. Larry Macedo did the s/c removal and install on new parts. My dyno #'s using his same dyno now are:

443 rwhp/ 483 rwtq

Mike, isnt it funny that the so call expert told you anything he could, to get you to accept the low HP numbers that kit puts out. I am glad Larry was able to dismiss that false claim also.

RIP: www.floridavipers.com McQuire shut the site down because one post did fit Roe's Agenda, just sad and pathetic.

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, isnt it funny that the so call expert told you anything he could, to get you to accept the low HP numbers that kit puts out. I am glad Larry was able to dismiss that false claim also.

RIP: www.floridavipers.com McQuire shut the site down because one post did fit Roe's Agenda, just sad and pathetic.

Well I was disappointed in my dyno #'s but I wonder if I would have given Larry a chance to do his magic on my car w/ the s/c if he couldn't have sucked out better #'s. Anyway, I'll try the NOS/Propane for awhile and hopefully that will give me the HP #'s I want. As far as Roe Racing is concerned I have no hard feelings about my dyno #'s and still plan on doing business w/ Sean in the future.

As far as the ex-www.floridavipers.com go I'm hearing different versions of the REAL story. I'll stay out of it since it doesn't really concern me.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as the ex-www.floridavipers.com go I'm hearing different versions of the REAL story. I'll stay out of it since it doesn't really concern me.

That's too bad! I like to go over to that site to talk to you guys. Giong to miss it. :( :( :(

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
What times (in the 1/4) can a Viper with 525rwhp and 550 rwtq do?

Alvaspeed, my car intially made about 525/560, when I first had the SC installed, no headers with cats etc. On Drag Radials it was good for low to mid 11's at about 122-123 mph.