Battery, Alternator, or Alarm System issues???

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for the help - this board had been incredible.

When cold, door poppers/alarm system works fine. After driving and bringing the Viper up to temp - when I park and try to set the alarm it will not work. Door poppers don't work either. After cool down - everything works fine.

I did seem to notice that Voltmeter seems to be running a little higher than normal - 14-15 volts. After reading all the posts it seems that a bad or going bad battery can cause many strange electrical issues.

Plan to take to Autozone today for a battery check.

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Voltage of 14.6 is normal. Try resetting everything by disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes or so.

OP
OP
R

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
OK - so the plot thickens a little. Battery tests OK at the battery terminals, but comes up bad/marginal at the front battery terminal? Could be normal based on the way the tester works, or could be a wire issue somewhere?

OP
OP
R

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Not the Key Fob Batteries - changed them twice. Strange part is the fact that it works when the Viper is cold - but stops working after driving and bringing up to temp - I plan to try to look at the wire between the starter and the positive lead under the hood?

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an alarm reset sequence for my 97 GTS. I'm not sure if it applies to your 93 RT. Search my post from 01/02/01 11:17 AM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4