Long Island, New York

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike at Lee performed many upgrades on my car: Brakes, Rear, Exhaust modifications never had a problem. Service is fast, car is in and out.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gota be Tators Dodge, with out doubt! I've stayed on for a bit after Chucks big BBQ event, and they always have at least 4 Vipers in the workshop a day. They've took the time to teach me some Viper tech stuff, and although I thought I knew something about Vipers (after tragically have to rebuild mine, following an accident, I learnt lots!) but, Chuck and his no1 tech Rob, have made me realize just how much more there is to learn (that I didn't know) and it's been fun learning (feel guilty taking their time though as they're booked up into July) so you might not get in real quick! I flew into JFK airport, just west of LI, and Tators was only 45 mins from the Whitestone bridge. They treat every car as if it's their own, from mods to recalls, I was well impressed.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the request was for the best Viper Tech's on Long Island, not the tri-state area. If your flying in from the UK to JFK airport, Lee Dodge is still closer for you to travel. Its only 35 minutes from JFK. The inconvenience going to Tators from Long Island is putting someone else out of the way to take another car and killing 3 1/2 hours getting there and back. I know Tators offers good service but it would be an exceptional incentive if I was able to drop my car off and get either another viper or a SRT Viper Truck loaner. I know wishful thinking.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I just read "best Viper tech" and posted, sorry if I wasn't answering your post, but I'm a UK girl and to me all NY state is NY, including LI! I can not speak for Lee Dodge, I have never been there, but..I have been to Tators Dodge I stayed on after their fantastic BBQ event. Nobody ever touches my Beloved Viper except me, but I would be happy for Tators to take care of anything for my Viper, with the confidence he'd be very safe and in the best hands. Just posting to let other members know from my first hand experience, as it's important to me where my car even goes, for it's annual inspection; to go to a highly regarded and recommended, experienced dealer would be the choice for me, even if it were 'for example' a 6 hour drive...hey driving a Viper is fun!! I've actually been to Long Island, and was the traffic bad there, it was like sitting in a parking lot! Once out of LI it was good driving up to Tators, no "inconvenience" and it's beautiful country side around Tators. While I was there Vipers were rolling in from other states to have recalls done etc, awesome for me seeing so many Vipers coming and going from a garage, Gen Is, Gen 2s and Gen 3s. Shame my stay wasn't longer.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS, Yeah wouldn't it be nice To get another viper or a SRT Viper Truck loaner (that trucks awesome did you see the VCA 1 of 50 at the BBQ?!)

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my car back from Tator's and I couldn't be happier with the service. He definitely treats your car like his own and checks everything on your car regardless of what you brought your car in for. He found several other issues that needed to be fixed on my car just by doing mine. I also don't understand how his place is three hours from LI when it only took me 4 hours from Maryland. Anyway, if I any other major service needed on my car, I would take it to him again regardless of the distance.

Nadine - Nice to meet you at Chuck's. I had the 97 Blue/White GTS getting the recall done. How did your project go?

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone remember the saying.....penny wise and dollar foolish? I have a Dodge Dealership down the road, about one mile from my house. Nice guys, just itching to have my Viper there for service. They say they will do anything for me, keeping the car inside, loaner car, and they assure me that a trained Viper tech will work on the car. Like I said, nice guys and would bend over backwards to have my business. BUT INSTEAD, I drive 30 minutes, one way, across Westchester County, needing to have someone follow me, battling cross town traffic, lights, and to what amounts to about 1.25 hours of time, JUST to have my car at Tator's Dodge. Gee, why I do that? Because Chuck will take care of the car the right way, and because he has paid his dues to deserve our support, not to mention the INSANITY of dealing with New York City bridges to get over into Long Island. Lee Dodge might have their heart in the right place, and might do good work, but if you ask for the best service, my vote says it is worth the trip to Chuck's place.

You choose.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the request was for the best Viper Tech's on Long Island, not the tri-state area. If your flying in from the UK to JFK airport, Lee Dodge is still closer for you to travel. Its only 35 minutes from JFK. The inconvenience going to Tators from Long Island is putting someone else out of the way to take another car and killing 3 1/2 hours getting there and back. I know Tators offers good service but it would be an exceptional incentive if I was able to drop my car off and get either another viper or a SRT Viper Truck loaner. I know wishful thinking.

Nadine, Thank You for all the kind words! It has been an honor to have you here in my shop and working with you!!!!

Pat, It was my pleasure to meet you and to get your Viper where it should be! Thank You! [Nadine's project is on the boat back to the UK, and it purrs like a kitten]

Andrew, What can I say, THANKS BUDDY!!

Hi Charlie, Thanks for coming to my BBQ! Did you have a good time? I hope the drive up to me wasn't to much for you.

"Exceptional Incentive"

Sorry I don't have a Viper or a Ram SRT for everyone to drive home when they drop off their Viper. That's a nice wish though.

I can offer: 24 years of Viper experience, between Rob and myself. Over 700 Viper accounts currently, 90 years as a Dodge Dealer "I am the last family owned and operated Dodge Dealership in the Country". To this day I do business with a hand shake.

Tator's Dodge: VCA Members & Viper owners: 20% off on parts and 10% off on labor.
Lee Dodge: VCA Members 10% off on parts. "WOW"

Frame Racalls [998 & 999] 124 completed [Pat you where #123] and 9 more that I had to correct from other Dodge Dealers!
04 Cam Bolt Recall: 8 completed so far and 7 more in my schedule.

MODS: Installed:
Roe Racing Super Chargers, 24 GENII's completed. GENI blowers [coming soon], 18 tentative and GENIII blowers [later this year], 6 tentative. Installed almost every goodie Sean offers.

MORE MODS: By Tator's Dodge:
Mopar Performance
ZAF
Vipermania
Jesel
T&D
Arrow
Belanger
Borla
Corsa
B&B
Autoform
MGW
Taylor Race Engineering
S&B
K&N
Stoptech
Delrin
Teamtech
RJS
Simpson
Snake-Oyl
Performance Friction
Brakemen
EBC
Luk
MSD
NOS
Koni
Fluidyne
Penske
Unitrax
Forgeline
HRE
Northwind Engineering
Eibach
I'm sure I left a few ones out?

"A search button, if not used, is a wasted button"

It is up to you, who you want to work on your Viper!

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Pat and FFViper, nice to meet you and your Vipers too at Tators. Pat did you get to dyno? Thanks for asking...my project's come together nicely (thanks to help from Tators Dodge, and for accommodating me and it at such productive workshop times). It is rather wild, still got some work to do to finish it!

Chuck... "purrs like a kitten"... :shocked: If I ever heard a kitten 'purr' like that... I'd run... very fast :eek: before it ate me :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62