Enthusiast
Reaction score
quick sale, around 40K

although i bet there is someone out there that would give you 46K+

all mechanical issues aside, it would be seen by most as a brand new car

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg Nelson, owner of Nelson Auto group in Marysville, OH (Chry., Dodge, Lambo dealer) is/was asking sticker for his 95 w/ 100 miles on it. This is the dealer who has taken out a full page ad in the last two issues of Viper mag. selling is 17 Viper collection.

His is yellow. I inquired about it and they wanted orig. MSRP. That was about two months ago. Don't know if they sold it or not and if so at what price. I told them they were way high.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
What was MSRP ?

I have original sticker 95 Base 56,000, with A/C etc other charges total price $60,500. I can make you copy of mine if needed. 95 Production was down almost half of 94 already with 96GTS plans in works. About 1400 US.

514 black 458 red 307 green 298 yellow

Cognac int became avail only 1/3 of cars rest origional grey. Yellow /Cognac 95 most rare, less than 50 made. 95 last year of the side pipes and with that the last 300 side exhaust made were stamped as such on passanger side. CHeck for that. Hope this info helps. Goood luck.

I would get window sticker if you can and show that way, there is a comapny that will make them for you for a reasonable price as well.

good luck !

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a great ride, Yellow/ Tan!!

453IMG_0862-med.JPG

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would get window sticker if you can and show that way, there is a comapny that will make them for you for a reasonable price as well.

Good advice. I've included the info below of the sticker guy that can provide you with a personalized window sticker for a measley $12. Looks great. I'm guessing you could probably get $45k minimum. Plus I'd definitely have info on Nelson's car in which he's asking about $60k to provide to any inquiring buyer.

Here is the info for anyone needing a quality personalized window sticker:
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #2417619781

> Yes, Gerald, we can! It is not one of our current stock, but we can do a
custom sticker just for you. You supply the information - VIN, color,
dealer, options, etc - and we make up a repro sticker that matches your car.
Custom stickers cost $10 plus $2 shipping. You get 2 copies. You can pay
by Paypal and email us the information, or you can send a money order and
the info to: Gary Kimball, 683 Arrow Lane, Kissimmee, FL 34746. Thanks for
asking!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you are going to add it to a non driven collection or put it in a museum, I don't see any special value in a 95 with 800 miles.

800 miles is the same as 8000 miles as far as mechanical wear. If you pay extra for the very low miles car you will only get the novelty of the low miles, nothing more.

If you buy it for $45k and drive it, it will quickly become a normal 10k low miles 95 worth about $10k less.

So think about that before you pay a big premium for a very low miles car,
one that hasn't had an oil change in 9 years,
one that has had the same coolant sitting in there fizzing for 9 years,
one that might need head gaskets as soon as you start driving it.

As far as some dealer having a new gen1 in his showroom at msrp, he is using the car as advertising. That Viper isn't seriously for sale.
People come in to look at it, then he can sell them a Neon.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I said,
"800 miles is the same as 8000 miles as far as mechanical wear. If you pay extra for the very low miles car you will only get the novelty of the low miles, nothing more."

Where do you get, "800 or 8000 same value.........OK"?
I never said that.

The point being, why pay large extra for a nine year old 800 mile car if you are going to drive the car?
Mechanically it isn't going to be any better than a nine year old 8000 mile car.
As I pointed out, it may very well be in worse shape inside.

If you need a very very low miles car to put in a collection or a museum, then the 800 mile car might be worth extra money to you.
If you plan to put 10k miles on it, why pay extra for a very low miles car.

What do you think is going to wear out in a Viper in 8k miles. It's still new.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
800 miles is totally different than 8,000 miles. What wears? The seats, at 50 miles a run the 800 mile car has been jumped in 16X, the 8,000 mile car160X. If the driver is a big dude that can mean something. How many times have we heard of low mileage cars with busted up transmissions. Somebody ruined those sycros. With even lower miles your odds are much better. Look at it like a woman. They can all do the deed regardless of how much they have been used. But the ones with low mileage are tighter and don’t smell like some other dude.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Look at it like a woman. They can all do the deed regardless of how much they have been used. But the ones with low mileage are tighter and don’t smell like some other dude.
I don't know about that. I'd take Pamela Anderson (a well seasoned pro) over a vestigial ****** any day. And she can have the combined smell of the Kid and Tommy Lee and I'd still prefer that little **.....I mean honey. :headbang:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm the age old debate, a ****** or a seasoned pro lol.

****** please :D

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, carguy.
If you think the seats are going to be a little worn on the 8k car, you might check them out. If they are, don't buy that 8k car or replace the seats for less than $1k.

I bought brand new looking seats for mine on ebay for $1k and sold the old ones on ebay for $250.

If the transmission has been beat, again, don't buy that car.

The claim that an 8k car might have something wrong with it is a bit of a reach. In reality an 8k car has barely been used. If it was anything but a Viper being talked about on the VCA site, most people would think it was low miles.

What about that 800 mile car's maintenance history? Has anyone changed the coolant in 9 years? I'll bet not. They might have never changed the oil or the brake fluid.

Anyway, how much more would you pay for the 800 mile car?

Let's say the excellent 8k 95R/T might bring $38k these days. Would you pay $50k for the 800 mile car?

There was a guy on a current thread who just sold a one owner 02 GTS for $55k. He said he tried and tried but couldn't get any more for it.

Let's say you bought the 800 mile car for $50k and drove it 7200 miles. Now it's just a regular car. No more very low miles. You lost $12k.

If you bought the 8k car for $38k and drove it 7200 miles, you might not lose much value at all.

That's all I'm saying. 800 miles isn't the same as 8k miles. I'm just saying that it's only the novelty of 800 miles on a 9 year old car.
There isn't going to be any noticable difference in the way the cars run or what will break in one or the other.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Joe. If you are buying the car as a paperweight, the 800 miles is "desireable" but if you are going to drive the car, why pay a premium for the lower miles.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who knows if the seats are worn on the 8,000 mile car? Unless abused the 800 mile car’s are NOT.

Using the ebay train of thought we should all buy cars with smashed hoods for $5,000 off and buy a used ebay hood. You can do that with most parts and save money.

How do I know if the transmission has been beat? Ask the 3rd owner if the guys before him did hole shots? What about their cousin who drove the car on the weekends? An inspection does not always find these things on the surface. It’s four moths later when it “keeps popping out of third” and “grinds when it’s cold”. Not a reason to pass on a car with some miles, but if I can get one that is so cherry that it is not even a thought, then I’ll pay more.

The 800 mile car’s maintenance history? You are 100% correct, a low mileage car brings it’s own problems. Buy a warranty and hope for the best. Many 8,000 mile cars have questionable maintenance histories as well

How much would I pay for a perfect 800 mile car? Around $45,000. Gen I that is.

The guy with the 2002 that sold for $10,000 less than new? Well if a 95 R/T was $55,000 new then it got hit $10,000 as well. New cars always depreciate. But wait, his car had 5,000 miles on it, could be cherry, but probably not considered a ****** anymore. Especially with a few mods. I think he did well.

If I buy the 800 mile car and drive it 7,200 miles? Your right it is now a “regular” car and it will depreciate accordingly. And your right the 8,000 mile car will not lose as much value with another 7,200 on it.

Lastly, your right, the two cars will both probably run the same and need the same routine maintenance.

I think I agree with you in principal that a car with some miles is just as good as one that is almost new. Most of your point deals with why some of us will consider a very low mileage car almost new and why when they cross a magic line for miles they are now depreciated and used. Some folks pay a premium for new or as new, some don’t