Opinions about Paxton vs. Procharger

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its more then one customer. I too had/have major problems with the kit, but Steve claims to want to help. We'll see where this goes. I can tell you, 4 months ago, no one at paxton wanted to help. While I appeciate the effort now, why not 4 months ago ? Kelly and Jamie both work for Paxton, but could care less about wether the customer was happy. Perhaps Steve should have been the guy answering the phones back then ??

Jon

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You know, after offering up to ship the car to DLM, I got to thinking. Why don't we get this resolved right now. After talking with Doug, he mentioned you wanted to do some stuff to your computer anyway, why don't you pick up the cost for those mods and Paxton will take care of the other programing. This way you can deal directly with Doug on your computer and get it tweaked how you want it. How does this sound?

Now, for the tensioner, we feel that it is adequate to handle the power of a stock system on a stock motor. If you changed the pulley on the s/c or made other mods, the tensioner might not be ideal for your situation. Same goes for our fueling situation.

The only mod I would consider would be the fan portion of it. Nothing else.

I am not going to ship my car to Miami and no I don't trust paxton to follow through on anything. Why do I have to go through all this stuff? Am I part of your Research and Developement project? I haven't even got my refund on the bad bypass valve I sent back that was suppose to be covered by warranty, but got charged for it anyways, so why should I trust you on anything else.

I KNOW my install was done correctly. Why would I have around 95-100 psi if my pumps were bad or the plumbing of the fuels system was not done correctly? How would I get the 95-100 PSI reading. If you offer this deal to me, you should offer it to ALL Paxton customers. Why would Doug need to play with my fuel and computer if this was a DIY kit?Doesn't make sense UNLESS it's not a DIY kit.

I'm tired and the last thing I want to do is go to bed mad because of the situation. I tell you what, why don't you refund me part of my money so I can get a fuel system that will work.

I'm going to bed and will post some things that I am sure many will find interesting.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just a note on the Harmonic Balancer. I think what ab is referring to is that some folks have had the harmonic balancer crack or come apart. This can happen on any engine with a two piece balancer, thats why the aftermarket has supplys 1 piece SFI rated balancers.

I have seen very few balancer related problems on the Viper.The ones I have seen have been from the crankshaft bolt not being torqued properly. On supercharged engines the balancer must be pinned. One systems running up to 7psi we believe the stock balancer is adequate, if you run more than that, we recommend going to a SFI rated balancer. If you want piece of mind, or just want to go to a higher boost, change the balancer.

When increasing the power of any engine, parts are going to be stressed higher. It is all a trade off and depends on your budget. We do not like to go over 620rwhp on any engine without replacing the connecting rods, but may people do without a failure.

Performance packages are always evolving and improving with new technology. Cars develop problems at times, just be positive and proactive and the results most always be good.

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ab,
I don't get it?????It looks like paxton and Doug are at least TRYING to work with you. Maybe you had problems with paxton in the past but I can tell you first hand Doug will keep his word! Doug has ALWAYS been a straight shooter with me and built me a rocket. Let them help get your car running right and put your supercharger back on it. Boost is awesome :headbang: :headbang: !!!! Tom

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ab,
I don't get it?????It looks like paxton and Doug are at least TRYING to work with you. Maybe you had problems with paxton in the past but I can tell you first hand Doug will keep his word! Doug has ALWAYS been a straight shooter with me and built me a rocket. Let them help get your car running right and put your supercharger back on it. Boost is awesome :headbang: :headbang: !!!! Tom

This HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DOUG LEVIN. If you're going to make a comment, please read all posts.(I'm not trying to be mean to you). I just don't want to go in circles here explaining everything again.

This also has nothing to do with DOUG LEVIN's Supercharging system that he created. This has to do with a deficient product that Paxton has delivered to the public as a DIY kit. DOUG is helping out because that is just the way he is. If things don't work out, then this DOES NOT REFLECT ON DLM. DLM is known for their customer service and bending over backwards without making you jump through hoops thinly disguised as being helpful.

Paxton did not want to clear this up behind close doors and now it has come to this, but it's not really anything "new" for paxton not to make things easy for their customers. Since the time Steve Padfield has come on here trying to discredit me, then saying he mistake me for someone else (Which anyone with half a brain will know that is false because he tried to quote me in previous post). It just shows that Paxton won't own up to their short comings.

I tell you what, when it comes to taking your money and selling you a product Paxton is #1 for that, but when it comes to not supporting their products or doing R&D on a customer's car..then they are #1.

Again,

Steve I am about to end this. I WILL NOT JUMP THROUGH HOOPS. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THIS AND THEN BE SUBJECT TO ALL YOUR RULES.

AGAIN, MY PUMP IS FINE,
MY COMPUTER BOX IS FINE

WHEN I SAY FINE "FINE MEANING IT WORKS THE WAY PAXTON ENGINEERED IT TO WORK".

You would be surprised at all the emails I have gotten on this subject. I may just be the "tip" of the iceberg here that popped through the water.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just a note on the Harmonic Balancer. I think what ab is referring to is that some folks have had the harmonic balancer crack or come apart. This can happen on any engine with a two piece balancer, thats why the aftermarket has supplys 1 piece SFI rated balancers.

I have seen very few balancer related problems on the Viper.The ones I have seen have been from the crankshaft bolt not being torqued properly. On supercharged engines the balancer must be pinned. One systems running up to 7psi we believe the stock balancer is adequate, if you run more than that, we recommend going to a SFI rated balancer. If you want piece of mind, or just want to go to a higher boost, change the balancer.

When increasing the power of any engine, parts are going to be stressed higher. It is all a trade off and depends on your budget. We do not like to go over 620rwhp on any engine without replacing the connecting rods, but may people do without a failure.

Performance packages are always evolving and improving with new technology. Cars develop problems at times, just be positive and proactive and the results most always be good.

Dan,

I agree with what you are saying about the balancer. I actually know of 4 people so far that have broken them for various reason. The casting on the dampner is cheap material and I guess with some Vipers, you win some and lose some. But torquing them down to the right spec is important. If you get and ATI or something of a high quaility dampner, it's a safety precaution or like insurance. I have an ATI Dampner I got from Summit for $417 that fits the viper OEM perfect.

forced

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ab, I am offering to get this resolved without your car going anywhere and still you continue to piss all over me. I don't get it, do you want Paxton to help or not?

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why don't you email me off line if you want to talk. I'm about done with this thread. I was the understanding you wanted me to ship my car off all over the place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper