Driver Side Window Won't Go Down

sparty116

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driver Side Window Won\'t Go Down

The driver side window will only go down about one inch and then sounds like it "hits" something in the door. The motor seems to work fine, but something inside of the door seems to be getting in the way. If I need to take the door apart, is there a special way to remove it without damaging the door clips?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Driver Side Window Won\'t Go Down

Just make sure you get all the screws. When I took mine off there were screws in all sorts of places. I can't remember them all. Gently pry off the fir tree clips. I believe there are 2. If you break them you can get new ones at the dealer pretty cheaply.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Even cheaper to buy those christmas trees from your local auto body supplier. They usually sell in packs of 10 or 20.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sparty --

Is your window hitting something in the door, or is the motor shorting out? The wiring harness into the door is a weak point (wires often break from too much flexing).

OP
OP
S

sparty116

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The window is hitting something. You can hear it hit something solid. It moves fast and smooth for the first 1-2 inches then just stops at the same spot every time. What could possibly be getting in the way? When I first got it the door would not open one time with me in it and I had to crawl out the other side. The door works fine now, but maybe that is where the problem is coming from.