What is going on ???? High hp cars for sale.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smokins Heffner s/c car is for sale (good price)
On the VCA classifieds:
Blown GTS's Paxton car built by Underground racing is for sale.
Treynor's DLM beast is for sale.

All these within two days time. Dang guys, if you couldn't afford the gas prices you should have built a Yugo :lol:

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself -- it's time for the next project. I won't be upset if the yellow car doesn't actually sell (it's insane... I love it!), but I will lose major spousal points if I put turbos on her SRT without getting the RT/10 out of the garage first.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people buy/build super fast cars because they like to race and drive them hard. These types tend to keep the cars longer.

Some people buy super fast cars because they draw attention. Big dyno numbers. When the attention wanes, the car gets sold and they are on to the next project.

My guess Tony is that you are in the first category. :usa:

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F355,
With any luck at all, it'll be picked up by another VCA member and will continue to show up in events and on the board. I will undoubtedly miss it as well.

Amusingly, one of the car's biggest positives has become a negative -- it's too fast for all my local tracks. Infineon raceway doesn't even want to see it show up, and Sacramento asked me not to bring it back without a cage and an NHRA license after I did a series of 141-142 MPH passes on drag radials. I ran a 148 as my last pass there :)

Shelby - I'll pass over your thinly-veiled insult and note that I enjoy being a pioneer. When I started the RT/10 project, there wasn't a SC car in the 9's and there wasn't *anyone* making over 1000 RWHP. Now I count several SC cars running that fast, and two others (RSI and [******]'s TT) making that kind of power. I'm excited about being a pioneer in what I think will be the next generation of uber-Vipers - and until then, I'll continue to drive my RT and enjoy the hell out of it. Sheesh.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said Ben :) Good luck with the sale and you have pm :cool:

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treynor, No thinly veiled insult anywhere. There's nothing insulting about being in category two. With the time you have had your car and the racing you have done, I don't think you would be there anyway. There's a myriad of reasons people sell cars. I have encountered several people who fit the description in my second example and don't think their priorities are any better or worse than anyone's. :usa:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fit into Category 1....subcategory B, I never get rid of my old cars.

I have the car I drove in college...73 Challanger. The car I got married and drove from the chruch, 1939 Plymouth Coupe with Nitrous(I thought if I changed my mind I might need a quick getaway). My first Scarab(Scarabs are no longer manufactured). My second dirt bike the "Husky"and the third dirt bike Honda XL 600 and there is more....but I would not boar any one. My problem is, the second garage space is at a premium. :2tu:

Cudaman :usa:

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off subject, but when are you (1Tony1) going to mount a video camera in that beast. The race with the Z06 was sweet, but I'd rather see it from you're passenger seat. Not to mention all the other footage that would be interesting, to say the least....

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my camera that night but my passenger had never operated it. I need to build me a mount....and really need two cameras. If I only have one, which way do I point it ? Backwards :laugh:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.... I'm excited about being a pioneer in what I think will be the next generation of uber-Vipers - and until then, I'll continue to drive my RT and enjoy the hell out of it. Sheesh.

Hell we're all excited! If I had Ben's HP, I'd need to add a wing for 100mph downforce!

You must be registered for see images

By the way, don't any of these centrifugal s/c cars use an air filter? Ben's pics don't show one, nor do most centrifugal tuner s/c pictures.

:usa:

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> By the way, don't any of these centrifugal s/c cars use an air filter? Ben's pics don't show one, nor do most centrifugal tuner s/c pictures.

Absolutely we do. I even use one when I race - there's only about a 10HP difference, and I don't want any particles getting into my baby...

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cuda, you sound like a loyal friend! Anyone that's friends with you will be friends for life! :2tu:

Gerald , you are too funny.... I am not really that bad..... you make it sound like a life sentence.... serving time with the Cudaman!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this an intro for the 1Tony1's beast sale?

Not hardly, you would have an easier time taking my gun away......and I promise that will hurt :)

Maybe it is easier to get $5.00 from you or a freind as long as I don't pick it up off the ground!