What opinions on an 01 ACR with low miles

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run a new car dealership and there is one at the auction I might try and buy. I haven't seen it but my buyer is there now. It is an 01 dark blue with silver stripes. It has 400 miles on it and also has air and cd???? I didn't think ACR's had those features. Anyway what is a good price for something like this???

Thanks Brett

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR's do have cd and air. (Comfort group) almost all opted for the "option".

01 with 400 miles. Nice. Wholesale high 40's to low 50's.
Retail mid to high 50's.

OP
OP
V

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell ya what I really want is a red with wht striped 02 GTS. I wasn't really looking for an ACR just ran accross this one and thought I would check.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$65K is reasonable for a MSO car if you want to be the original owner and all that. Problem is your basically paying $10K for the ACR options that you probably didn't want anyway. If you do an autotrader search for "new" 01-02's almost, if not all of them are ACR's. That should tell you something...

You should be able to get nice low mile GTS's for the $60K range, depending on colors and stripes. The 01 that you are looking at is a good rare color though. But if you want red, buy a red one. They are much easier to find. And if you want a non-ACR GTS, then by all means get one. These cars don't have the production numbers of vettes, but there are enough of them out there to find what you are looking for.

Happy Hunting

OP
OP
V

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I will hold out for a final edition. I love my 96 but have alway's wanted a GTS. I thought if I could buy it right I would grab it. We are working with the party who owns it to see what we can get done, but I think he will be firm at $65

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
I think I will hold out for a final edition. I love my 96 but have alway's wanted a GTS. I thought if I could buy it right I would grab it. We are working with the party who owns it to see what we can get done, but I think he will be firm at $65

Hey Viper96, I think you said you are in the car business. The local Dodge dealer by me has this one for sale. Check it out, you may be able to do wholesale trade etc. Good Luck

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2479294800&category=6209

OP
OP
V

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have that one on my watch list! I also had our Dodge dealer run a locate on new 02 gts's and fax me the list. I have contacted 2 of the dealer's and am waiting for their prices. I know what the net/net is also so we'll see what they come up with. I gave them the info on my 8000 mile 96 to trade also. I would think after having $70,000 sitting on the floor plan for over a year they would want to deal.

That is a nice ACR TOBY! I would be interested in a price from you. My email is [email protected]. I have another ACR located still on MSO with 400 miles but don't really want to spend the $65,000 he wants. The car will be back at the auction next week and my buyer will be there. They opened this week at $62,000 and couldn't get any money on it so maybe after he thinks on it for a week he will udjust his protect amount. Please email me if you have a price in mind.

Thanks Brett

OP
OP
V

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it dealer owned?? or private.

I heard back from one dealer and he will sell me an FE for net/net which is about $70,000 and give me $40,000 for my 96 rt/10 and doesn't want my yellow wheels just my chrome ones. I think he a weeee bit high, but he was a nice guy.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it dealer owned?? or private.

I heard back from one dealer and he will sell me an FE for net/net which is about $70,000 and give me $40,000 for my 96 rt/10 and doesn't want my yellow wheels just my chrome ones. I think he a weeee bit high, but he was a nice guy.

Some of these dealers seem to act like miserable married guys with a kid- they'll stick with their cars until they are 18 years old even if it kills them :eek:

Get a grip, and clear these 3 year old cars outta there!