Tonneau cover by Grilletech or Ryan Walsh--warning

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought a tonneau cover off e-bay and MAN what a piece of crap. I ordered the thing in February and by May 1st it still wasn't here. I got no response to my e-mails to the guy so I had to go snooping around the 'net to find his numbers and address (both work and home). I called and he said he'd send one right away as it was too late to figure out what happened to the first one (yeah, right).

Well, I did recieve it a week later, as promised, but this thing is total garbage. It looks so bad I haven't even bothered to install it or see if it fits. Basically it's a flat piece of cheap leather (maybe even pleather) with snaps riveted into it. No seams, no folded edges, nothing. My 9-year old could've done a better job. The price wasn't bad but I wouldn't take one of these things for free.

The guy's name is Ryan Walsh of Dunedin or Tampa Florida and the company is called Grilletech. His e-mail address is [email protected]. I recently went back and looked at his feedback and saw many complaints. I should've known better but that's no excuse. According to the 'net, his real name may be Ryan Hickey.

Just thought I'd warn everyone before anyone else gets ripped off.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock ones are good and they are not expensive on ebay or the classifieds.
Seems like everyone wants one but they never use it after they get it.
Lots of them out there.

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine a few weeks ago. Mainly got it in case I'm out with the top off and a sudden rain shows up. Makes me feel better to have it with me..just in case.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock ones are good and they are not expensive on ebay or the classifieds.
Seems like everyone wants one but they never use it after they get it.
Lots of them out there.
The stock ones are great, but good luck trying to find one now-a-days. Not expensive = $300. I always use mine if I am going to leave it parked for any duration of time, it helps to keep out the elements and looky-loos.

:2tu:

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
96 R/T any trick to putting it on ? Actually got my curiosity going, I am going to drag it out of the basement and see how this thing works.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the Gen I cars it is a well designed cover. Place the metal guides in firsttilting slightly towards the front as you put them in (similar to put in the windows), then snap in the front and back (I only use two front snaps). Takes me no more than a couple of minutes.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use mine (the factory gen 1 version) for sun protection when parked somewhere. It works great. I don't even button the snaps I just hooh the door pins. Quick and easy.

I have to protect that Vanzano interior!

Jeff

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I've seen the cheap crap GrilleTech is selling as "custom grilles." What this guy does is send you a large square piece of screen and lets you do the measuring/cutting/fitting. His advertisements show nice pieces, but read the fine print!! I thought he was only in the grille business? Thanks for the info - it's nice to learn from others mistakes (and cheaper!)