???How long to get Convertible Top Cover??

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purchased a 04 SRT/10 in March! Still no Convertible Top cover? Viper club says they mail them as they get them in stock. How long does the average person wait? Curious! <font color="red"> </font>

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased my viper in February. Just got the top last week.

Hey! I purchased my Viper in early January and STILL have not received a factory boot cover. What's up with that? I did receive an undated letter a long time ago stating that I would be receiving one. Anyone have a number I can call to track it down? Thanks.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone has the inside scoop on this let us all know. I haven't even received a letter from DC telling me I am going to get a cover...

thanks

BIRD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought mine in January and no cover as of yet. Still no word from VCA with member info. I've heard nothing from my selling dealer regarding recall issue. I do get a lot of surveys as to how things are going with my new car. No I'm not bitter.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered one for my 2003. On national back-order. Based on what I hear I should start thinking about it in the fall. :)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dealers are in the same boat, as there are customers of ours that have called about receiving a letter and 3 months later no cover. I would love to give someone an intelligent answer on this, but it has me somewhat confounded too. National back order does give you an idea that the production run is not ramped up to full speed. Hang in there.

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my new SRT last week.. It came with a boot cover in the trunk.
lucky me. :D

Viper IV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 04 SRT 8 weeks ago without a boot cover. Yesterday when picking it
up from the dealer I saw he had 5 04's in stock "with boot covers". I told him
mine did not come with one so he gave me one from a car in stock. He said he
would just order a replacement for the one in stock. Now that was quite a pleasant "service surprise" and it looks great. Hard shell corners and fits like
a glove. (made up for the unplugged AC plug on the compressor)

Bob

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased a 2003 and the dealer I ordered my cover from had it in a week or less. It's on it's way to me now.

OP
OP
C

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats not what Viperclub of America is telling me. 1-800-998-1110. They say they are sending them out as they get them in. Starting from the top of the list? Not happy to hear Dealer has 5 Viper in his lot with covers in the trunk and people who BOUGHT Vipers don't have them!!

OP
OP
C

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Called again today!! They are shipping the covers out with the new vipers because as they say there will always be a back order problem. Not to mention shipping costs. I told them this wasn't fair to the people who have been waiting for months and they understand. They told me some more went out friday. You could call and see where you are on the list!!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Chuck Tator - he got mine in a few days! 914-763-3136

OP
OP
C

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Called Viper Club. 1-800-998-1110 Goes by sale date, when dealer calls in your purchase. I wasn't even on the list!

Nowayforya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased my 04 back in November 2003. Today, I received two covers in separate boxes. I guess they were making up for the long wait. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
C

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess it pays to complain!!!Got one Expressed to me this morning!!Nice guys finish last sometimes!!If I didn't call on Monday i would have waited a few more months!! :2tu: :2tu:

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Received mine today! Fits nice and is very easy to install.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456