Wheel Alignment

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to have my 96 GTS aligned as it pulls left, can anyone reccomend someone near Norwalk or Sandusky Ohio? Our local dealership has A Viper Tech, but doesn't have an alignment machine. Any help would be appreciated.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't need a Viper tech. It's all computerized. Some shops have low clearance problems on their setups. Some alignment machines will not work because they have clearance issues when hung of the front wheels.

I got mine done at a Goodyear auto center. Don't forget to ask for a written report on the expected and actual settings.

BTW, pulling left/right is also a symptom of the following:
- Low air pressure
- Bad tire
- Broken or loose suspension
- Worn bushings
- Brake problems (if under braking)

Inspect the above if you haven't done so already.

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory strongly recommends that the bump-steer be set whenever an alignment is done. I haven't heard why this is necessary but it was re-iterated by one or two Viper techs I talked to. This is something that is never done by places like goodyear. I'd say find a race-experienced shop and tell them the bump-steer needs to be set too and they'll probably know exactly why.

--Rob

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You need an inclinometer to set caster on the rear wheels of a Viper. This is part of the Viper Essential Toolkit that certified Viper Techs have. I doubt your alignment shop will have one.

Rich Carlson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also doubt if the they know the difference between curb height, design height and dynamic toe which is part of checking a Viper suspension and alignment.