Optima Red Tops for $68

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Summit Racing (Akron) and they have a managers store special on the Optima Red Tops for $68. This is not mail order just pickup.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is wondering, Jack is talking about car batteries.

Cudaman :usa:

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great deal. I called just last night (mail order line) to check prices and was quoted $129 for the larger one 1050 CCAmps and $119 for the smaller 925 CCAmps (half inch smaller)...

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's an excellent price for anyone in the area. :2tu: I wonder if they're clearing out stock to make room for a new model...like side terminals only.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"I wonder if they're clearing out stock to make room for a new model...like side terminals only"

I broke down and called Optima direct about a month ago when I replaced mine, guys on the inside said they had no plans at all in the near future for side post only. I got one anyway and it fit ok for me.

What is the scoop on the Battery Tender and Optima? Do they still work ok?

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the scoop on the Battery Tender and Optima? Do they still work ok?

According to Battery Tender:

"The new Battery Tender Plus will correctly charge and maintain any type of lead acid battery - AGM (absorbed glass mat), sealed calcium or gel batteries."

2kviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've had my tender on my optima quite a bit.. bought the optima about 10 weeks ago, battery tender about 4 months ago... works fine....

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the older model tenders a problem??

Been using the Battery Tender Plus for 18 months, last 3 months on the Optima. It's worked great for both the stock battery and the Optima. Can't give you an answer on the older (non-Plus) model. You might want to contact the manufacturer for that one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave