Can someone in the Chicago area test drive a Lambo for me?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cousin is looking to buy a used Murcielago. It has 22k miles on it, and is selling for an unbelievably low $180k. However, we found out that it was a "show" car for all of the magazines. So, it's probably been driven pretty hard.

Can someone who knows what to look for in a used car (not necessarily a Lambo) go take pictures of the car? PM me, and I'll arrange with the dealership to let you take it out for a test drive (seriously) as well.

Thanks in advance! Here are a few links to the vehicle:

http://wwwheels.com/cfapps/car.cfm?ID=1985399&cfreferrer=

http://www.cars.com/search/used/cc/standard/results/single/ld/detail.jhtml?paId=130586899&aff=national&src=&cid=null

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a couple friends that work at luxury motors, I can try to contact them if you want. The milage are different, one ad says 22k and 33k on the other.

Isaac

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if you don't get 1000 volunteers man! :shocked:

I don't know d**k about Lambo's so I'm not in a position to help you. Scotty, if you're out there maybe your Lambo bud down the street can lend a hand!

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have a professional Lambo Tech take a look. Thats a lot of change to gamble on a internal problem that average Joe doesn't know to look for.

my .02

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isaac - If you can get some inside info on the Lambo, I'd appreciate it.

AJT - I agree with you. A mechanic will DEFINITELY be looking at this car. However, I wanted a car enthusiast to give their opinion on it as well.

Does anyone in the area know of a good Lambo mechanic that does NOT work for the dealership it's being sold by?

BTW, the difference between the ads in terms of mileage is because one is in km, and the other in miles (approximately). It actually has about 23k miles on it by now, I believe...

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure! I'll do it!

Tell me when and where! But the weather looks like crap the next few days!

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fox Valley is the Chicagoland dealer for lambo's.
Give them a call and I am sure they would inspect it for you. I almost bought a 04 yellow Gallardo from them a couple months ago.
I know of someone who might sell his 2003 Murcielago. PM me if you are interested.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless the dealer does a certified inspection on paper,I wouldn't touch it.
However,my neighbor let me beat the piss out of his yellow 04 just turned over 500mi,about$330,000 out the door,and realized without the F1 paddle shift option,the cars worthless.
PS.this past weekend I took em in 3rd,4th.I'm sure he'd go by me 160ish since i've got 333 gears.
We cruised by a yellow diablo SV with the big whale tail about 1mph in front of 100people and got a half nod from the ego man.We stopped and planned to bs he just crawled by,not cool.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to work next door on a contractual basis. Drooling as I went by the Window each and every day. They had a Midnight Blue, Lime Green, Bright Orange, and Lemon Yellow Diablo pass through their doors. Great place! Here's the info below:

Bentley Gold Coast
834 North Rush Street
Chicago IL. 60611
Main: 312-280-4848
Fax: 312-280-9910

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone in Chicago know how far Bentley Gold Coast is from Fox Valley Lambo? I believe it's around 30-45 minutes. I may have to twist Casey's arm to drive that car from one dealer to the other :)

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone in Chicago know how far Bentley Gold Coast is from Fox Valley Lambo? I believe it's around 30-45 minutes. I may have to twist Casey's arm to drive that car from one dealer to the other :)

Just make sure it's got a full tank of Gas!! :p

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cousin is looking to buy a used Murcielago. It has 22k miles on it, and is selling for an unbelievably low $180k. However, we found out that it was a "show" car for all of the magazines. So, it's probably been driven pretty hard.

Can someone who knows what to look for in a used car (not necessarily a Lambo) go take pictures of the car? PM me, and I'll arrange with the dealership to let you take it out for a test drive (seriously) as well.

Thanks in advance! Here are a few links to the vehicle:

http://wwwheels.com/cfapps/car.cfm?ID=1985399&cfreferrer=

http://www.cars.com/search/used/cc/standard/results/single/ld/detail.jhtml?paId=130586899&aff=national&src=&cid=null

Achilles99, I live about 10 miles from Fox Valley Motors. I would be happy to test drive the car and check it out for your friend! Paolo

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,

Please also dispell/disprove the rumor that the Murci' can get over 200 MPH on a private course somewhere! LOLOL!!

Jay K.

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo - thanks for the offer. Right now, Casey is checking his schedule. If he can't do it, I'll shoot you a PM. Essentially, what we need to do is get the car from Bentley Gold Coast to Fox Valley sometime today or early tomorrow. We originally were going to try and get a salesguy to drive it for us... however, I wanted to get an opinion of the car from a "car guy." Of course, you will be reimbursed for taking the time to take pictures, and drive the car. Not sure if we'll need you to drive it round-trip... it may be picked up by the enclosed carrier at Fox Valley after inspection.

Either way, you'll be reimbursed $100 each way for your time (of course, you could do it for free and just consider driving the Murc hard for an hour payment enough :) ).

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isaac,

My bad!

I only launched the first URL.

Here is the Downers Grove info.

Bentley Downers Grove
310 W. Ogden Ave
Downers Grove IL
Toll-Free 888-833-9331

OUCH!

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I gather, there are three locations to Bentley... one downtown, another 30 minutes from that, and a warehouse. According to the receptionist, Fox Valley was 45-60 minutes away (she actually said that one location was 30 minutes from Fox Valley, but that the other was an hour). Isaac - Can you give me an idea of how the dealerships are laid out in the city?

I wonder if GaryA is insured to transport a Lambo???

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Luxury motors is on ogden ave. just east of 355 in downers grove. Foxvalley is on North ave. west of 355 in west chicago. Bentley gold coast is downtown. In mid-day you can go between foxvalley and luxury motors in less than 30 minutes.

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PRVT JET,

How close is Bentley Gold Coast and Fox Valley from each other? I may try and get them to bring the Lambo to the closest dealership they have to Fox Valley...

Thanks!

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
depends on traffic, it could be 1 1/2 hrs. with 5 pm traffic. Downers grove is closer to foxvalley, I would just have someone pick it up in downers grove and drive it to foxvalley.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isaac,

It may take you a little longer going your route. Why don't you swing downtown in the Murci', take me along for beers, and THEN let me drive! ;P

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JK, I would love to. I just don't have enough time right now, I am checking with a friend to see what the story is on this car.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what ive heard, from another Lambo dealer who saw the car, is that it is actually a nice car, that has been updated and fixed. It is the car that ran an 11.70@123 for Motor Trend and then Car and Driver broke the shifter. From my personal experience, the more miles these cars have, the better they run. I wouldnt be worried about this car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper