HELP: Car Making Weird Noise; Like Wheel Is Rubbing Against The Wheel Well

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys:

I am having another dilemma. For a while my car has been making this weird noise, like the wheel is rubbing against the wheel well. This only happens when you turn the steering wheel but when you turn it almost all the way or all the way the noise gets pretty loud. Anyone ever experience this? Is this normal? It is quite annoying to tell you the truth. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking everyone in advance.

Keith

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I noticed that when I turn the steering wheel the whole way in either direction I get a loud noise. It's not wheel rub, but sounds like the powersteering pump is working extra hard. Solution, I just dont crank the steering wheel the whole way in either direction. The only time I ever have to do this is when I am pulling out of my garage.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't had that problem, but I have refrained from moving the car around with the hood raised up to the first position from fully closed.

The bottom corner of the hood under the side Viper logo comes VERY close to the front tires with the hood in that position!

:eek:

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: HELP: Car Making Weird Noise; Like Wheel Is Rubbing Against The Wheel W

Are you sure that it isn't hitting? If you have lost some of the screws it just may come in contact.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Both sides. It is weird. I am going to probably take it to a dealer to check it out. The sound sounds horrible

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was already doing that. Funny you mentioned that. I spoke to Chuck today and we came up with a few possibilities. I am going to have Buhler look at it.