Viper vs Ferrari video......it is a wild video !

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better yet, why don't we steer clear from these cursed mountain roads - especially cursed by some crazy asian dude :laugh:

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something is "Fishy" about this video. First of all, you can tell there all kinds of camera mounts. They both have outside side mounts, and inside mounts or maybe passengers, ( you see how the video jumps when the guy in the viper shifts, like it is being held by a person). Also they view was perfect for the camera man supposedly standing on the exact curve that he decides to go off of?? Plus when they show you the crashed viper, there is no sign of the outside camera mounts. Also while they are racing around you don't see the mounts. I know it seems upsurd to crash a Viper on purpose, but this just does not seem right. Why not show what there original intentions were, and then say oh well we f--ked up, and now we made this video instead???

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a CG Viper. Proof is in the skid marks. Watch the video where the Viper goes off -- no skid marks. Watch the take after that. Nuff said.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah i agree with Manny.

Besides look how easy the viper just passed it when it wanted too.

iispms

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't get the video to play with Real or Windows Media Player. Any suggestions?

Chip

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a CG Viper. Proof is in the skid marks. Watch the video where the Viper goes off -- no skid marks. Watch the take after that. Nuff said.

Actually, you can see the skid mark appear on the driver's side while the Driver loses control. Look to the right of the screen as the Viper launches - there is a round-peaked mountain. That is the same peak in the shot of the skid mark, just a different angle.

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to call bs cause the car that is sitting in the trees looks like it has been sitting in a junk yard for months and the one that went off the cliff was way way clean. I know that the accident would have got the car a bit dirty but not all over.
C~ just my .02

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
amazing video. Yet another reason why you should get 01+ with ABS ;)

Or like you an O2 with ABS

Cudaman :usa:

Maybe an important decision for a mod-minded buyer.... should I go early Gen2 for the forged pistons, or cream puff for the ABS?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is well over a year old. I'm pretty sure that it was real (from many clues). It looks like they did a series of runs with cameras inside and outside of both cars. And then they set up an external shot of the Viper racing past the camera, but the driver was hotdogging for the camera, didn't pay good attention and entered the corner too hot, then he locked the front tires up and slid off the edge. :eek:

It just shows that until you have gotten some time behind the wheel of a Viper, you shouldn't go out racing on a mountain road running 10/10ths. :rolleyes:

By the way, only Australians and British journalists can get a GTS Viper to 60 in a sluggish 4.6 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 12.7! No wonder they couldn't keep the car on the road. :(

-Dean.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the brits - and their source of
'accurate' data ??
GTS at 4.6 0-60 and 12.7 in the 1/4 ??
What ? With the Queen driving ?