Dusted a Cobra Mustang Tonight

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YeLL03, welcome to the forum!

What are the particulars on your Viper? (miles, mods, etc)

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YouWish.....I did understand Rustang.

Above, you wrote..."Your not fooling anyone your not a Viper owner. Your a Rustang owner now go back to..."

Back to school time...in these instances, "Your"...should be "you're".

C'mon now, propper kontrakshuns ain't no big offense, that there speelling erorr ain't ('nuther kontrakshun) nuthin to worrie about.

Hey, as long as the meaning is there, why bust people for contractions? Let's just git along. :)

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, I did not want to get in to a major brawl here, ahhhh, sure I did.

Cron - $11000 for the LX, not bad for a super clean Stang.
It ran 11.6@118 with the old Powerdyne blower and only 412rwhp, with the Vortech it is MUCH faster.

Matt -
Definitely got to get together sometime.
I am a moderator on svtsnake.com, a site started by my buddy Dom and Jim Vaccaro. Great site to learn about local track days and a good bunch of people also.
You know they are giving me a bunch of ---- about the Rattle Snake as one joker called it.
Zee is also a moderator and he has a Z06, so they can't kick me out.

ViperJoe -
It is a 2001 Viper GTS Yellow/Black stripes.
It has 7K miles and was owned by one of the owners of Gary Barbera Dodge and Chryslerland where I purchased it, Gino I think. Being new to Vipers I assume it is stock, FAST nonetheless.
I hate to admit it, but it feels at least as fast as the Cobra, definitely much more responsive to any press of the throttle.
By far the most fun car I have ever driven, but not the most comfortable. I miss my dead pedal and the pedals seem to be a bit to the left, anyone else notice this?

By far the most attention I've ever received driving a car.

Glad to be a Viper owner,

Howard

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drumrboy...I know...but I just couldn't resist.

I'm all for getting along, and frankly took exception to the "poorman's car" comment, otherwise, I would have just read this thread. I try to always remember that while there may be folks with less than I have....there are just as many with more. Does peeing on someone else's parade make what you have any better?

Howard....check your ***.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Howard...glad to have another "local" here. The Viper is a different animal than the Cobra. We'll have to catch-up sometime...we are very close, as my shop is in Trevose.

You Wish...I won't even get into your incredible lack of spelling ability. I have owned 3 Vipers, and 2 Mustangs. Mustang is definately in my vocabulary.

As far as "hillbilly" forums are concerned, I have found one of the best forums is svtperformance.com. Excellent site with well reasoned, good info on, dare I say it.....Mustang Cobras. The folks there are willing to help, even someone who is looking to buy a Cobra and wants to know what to look for. There's no reason to go into a salespitch on the Cobra...Ford did a great job on making this a great car. It's certainly not a Viper...but a heck of car.

The arrogant comments made by those that look down on other cars because they have the ability to own something more expensive shows that money does not buy class.

One final Mustang note. I come from the old Mopar musclecars and have restored many. Lots of the Mopar guys are buying Mustangs as toys or daily drivers. Many say that Daimler simply doesn't build anything they want. A V-8, rear drive, musclecar, that is reasonably priced...and can be modded very cheaply should you want to. The Crossfire is overpriced and underpowered, the SRT-10 is out of many's price range, and the SRT-4(no matter how it runs) is seen by too many as a kid's ricer car and they don't want that either. I give Ford credit for still building an affordable V-8, rear drive coupe. Mustangs can't be all bad...40 years and still going strong, still very true to the original.

Matt,
WELL SAID! :2tu: Exactly why I bought a Cobra for my daily driver. One more thing to mention about the Cobra, with the mods I have is, it is the best sounding car I have ever had including my Venom (stock Vipers sound like $hit) This thing sounds SWEET and MEAN.

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I mus admit, this Viper is VERY impressive.

I was out last night and nailed it in 2nd at like 3500-4000rpms, car got a bit wiggly and took off. I granny shifted fast in to 3rd somewhere after 5000rpms and the thing barked the tires, kicked a bit to the side and I was like - WOW.

I've never gotten any of my cars to give a MEATY 3rd gear chirp. Not my Cobra [email protected], my previous 2001 6 speed Vette, or my old Blown 88 GT 5 speed that ran low 12.3 @ 116.8 back in the day. My 92 is an auto so not really a fair comparison.

If this Viper is bone stock I am VERY impressed.

Howard

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper