How many miles does the Average Viper Owner drive a Year ?

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Living in Beautiful Southern California it's hard to leave the Snake in the garage..I've put on over 4000 Miles in < 4 months .
At this rate before you know it I'll have more mileage on my car than Chuck's :D

Whats a reasonable amount of Mileage for a 2001 ?

Cheers

Jeff

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in Chicago I only get to drive the car roughly 3K miles a year so far :( I really wish I could drive it more often but the weather just doesn't cooperate most of the time :mad:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5-7 k miles a year (short summer) ... >30k miles on a 99

THIS CAR IS BUILT TO BE DRIVEN.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares?! Dude you bought the car to enjoy it, and it is hard to enjoy the car sitting in the garage(although it does look nice that way :D ), drive it for all it's worth. :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For every 100 miles I drive forward, I try to put 10 miles in reverse, as to lower the odometer reading. :D

(I am just kidding, please do not try this at home!)

And to answer your question, about 3K a year, but if I lived in San Diego, I would probably drive 10K a year.

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought mine with 8500 in February. Just cracking 12,000 so about 800 miles per month. More than I'm putting on my "daily driver".

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
500-1500 depending on weather conditions. I end up doing most of my driving in the cool Fall air. Runs extra great that time of year. Lower air temps with almost no humidity. Cool dry air = HP (as you all already know).

If I had two vipers, I would drive one of them A LOT more.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my car two months ago and have put 500 miles on it. Just over 4k on the clock now. My plan was to keep it to 1k per year as I hope to keep it for a very long time. My thoughts are changing. Do I hear 2k per year?

I'm already thinking 2nd Viper. Driver and a keeper.

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am celebrating my one year anniversary next week on my 98GTS. Bought it with 2,200 and now have 5,500.
I would most likely use it as my daily driver if I had a safe place to park at work but it would definately get trashed rather quickly if I drove it there.
I am not too concerned with racking up miles as far as resale is concerned because I plan on keeping her for a very long time.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in Chicago I only get to drive the car roughly 3K miles a year so far I really wish I could drive it more often but the weather just doesn't cooperate most of the time

Hey, you guys are in the banana belt compared to the UP of Michigan. We have averaged close to 9,000 miles per year so far on a 5-6 month season. Hoping to break 10K this year with the run to Dallas.

Steve

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the car last March and from March of 2003 to March of 2004, I put 15,000 miles on it. I drove the car EVERYWHERE. If I had to go to the mall, work, school, etc. It was a blast. Now I bought a everyday driver for college so I do not get to drive the car as much, BUT I STILL TRY. In a few months (March 04 - Present; 3 Months) I have only drivin it a few thousand miles. I am now at 18,550 miles. Every mile brought a smile to my face!!!!

webtrader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my Viper since 8/2000 and have 4500 miles. Just Love it but just need more time to enjoy it.

Guess we just cannot BUY enough Freetime in Life.

Enjoy your toy.

~Jim :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave