4 Post Lift Discount - Rotary Revolution Lift

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many of the Viper owners have seen my Four Post lift. I am a dealer for Revolution Lifts. I asked Rotary Lift to provide the Viper Community with a discount.

Here is what they are offering until July 31st 2004:

RFP7 4 post lift
Standard lift w/ extended ramps, 2-drip pans, 2-jack trays, taxes and shipping - $3000.00

RFP7-XLT 4 post lift
Extended lift w/ extended ramps, 2-drip pans, 2 jack trays, taxes and shipping - $3275.00

Lifts come in several colors: Black, Yellow, Red, Blue.

You can choose the voltage: 110 volt or 220 volt

Delivery time is usually about three weeks.

I am not making any money on this offer. I am not involved in the transaction. You can pay with MasterCard or Visa. To place an order call Revolution at 1-800-604-3359 and talk to Donnie. Tell him that you want the Viper Club discount.

To find out more about these lifts: http://www.revolutionlifts.com

There are many lifts to choose from. The problem that I have with many of them is that they are “Self Certified”. They come up with some type of test and make up a name for the certification. A good lift will be ALI certified. Look at the ALI member list and you will see the big name in lifts. You won’t see the lower-end lifts listed here. Sure you can save some bucks by buying a cheaper lift…. A dropped Viper will cost……

http://autolift.org/members.html

Here is a picture of my garage with a Standard RFP7 Lift

268Lift2-med.jpg

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have been seriously looking for a lift for a while. Does the cost include shipping? How long would it take to put it together?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome lift and the things on top of it aren't too bad either.

You have the exact cars I was debating between. I had to decide on just one but I see that you went with both.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered one of these thru Jerry today. After a lot of research this looks to be a great lift. Jerry's price came out about $ 500.00 cheaper than thru Rotary even using their June free shipping offer.

Thanks Jerry, now what mod can I buy for about $ 500.00????

:2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:
Andy

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB,
That cost is delivered. I would plan on a full day to put your first one together. You will need four guys. The rail runner with the pump is about 500 pounds.

I installed one at Racer Rycks house on Sunday and we got it done in about four hours. Ryck post some pictures of your DUAL Viper setup.

Andy,
Glad I could help. You only have $495 to spend. $5 will be to buy me a beer at VOI8....wait, its an open bar!

Jerry

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, get two of them -- you'll get addicted. I am thinking of ordering a 2nd lift, so maybe we can get an installer and split the costs. I think my installer charged me $750 or something like that to put it all together -- he brought a crew of guys (3 or 4 of them.)

By the way, I got the DOuble Park by Cytech and couldn't be happier. Not sure what the differences are between that and this one, but they look about the same. I know with mine, I can add wheels to it, bring the lift all the way down which lifts it onto the wheels, and then move the lift around on my own. This was very helpful as I accidentally pushed the lift one day with my car when it bottomed out on the ramp and I revved it and it pushed the ramp (and the lift) back about a foot into my garage. Threw on some wheels, lowered, it, rolled it into place, then took the wheels back off. Beautiful!

Manny

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny is correct on the installation price of about $750. I installed Ryck's Lift for a few Pizzas. The installation manual is very good. Let me check who is in the San Diego area.

AB, the lift is operated by four cables connected to a common cylinder on one side.

You can buy optional caster to move the lift around if you like. You can actually move the lift with the car on it (in the down postion).

Jerry

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Bend-Pak which looks very similar. I installed it myself in about 5 hours. Got a nice workout that day. I don't recommend doing alone, but two people can do it pretty easily.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the Cytech like Manny did, awesome. Personally I wouldn't be putting one together myself, something about having my Viper 6 feet in the air makes me want an expert to install.
I didn't go for the cheapest one, I went with one I found no one had complained about and the customer service was great. Seems like I got a good deal though.
I got the lift, jack tray, 5 drip trays (2 isn't enough), extended Aluminum ramps (don't get steel), swivel chair, and oil drip container, delivered and installed for close to 4K.

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

Donnie just asked me to post that Taxes may be a problem in some areas (may not be included). I have no control over this. He has to charge tax on the sale. It just depends on where you live.

Donnie also has a list of installers around the country. He can coordinate this with you.

Jerry

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello,
I have been wanting to get a lift for a long time but only have a standard 2 car garage.
Will this lift fit with standard ceiling?
Cheers,

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, I believe the rule of thumb is:

height of car1 + 2" clearance + height of car 2 + 2" clearance + height of runway (4 3/4").

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ulysses is correct.

For reference, my ceiling is 9'4" to the bottom of the beam. My ceiling is 11'3". The Lotus and the Viper are short cars. There is no way you could pull an SUV underneath, but my Pontiac Grand Prix fits.

Jerry

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Step 1: Determine drive thru height
(d) Using the following lock heights, round your bottom vehicle height up to the nearest lock height.
(See Illustration to the left)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Standard model lock heights:
15" 21" 27" 33" 39"
45" 51" 57" 63"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XLT model lock heights:
16" 22" 28" 34" 40" 46"
52" 58" 64" 70" 76"

Step 2: Calculate your required height to the lowest obstruction
(a) Min. clearance to lowest obstruction
(b) Top vehicle height +
(c) Runway Thickness +
(d) Drive under height (from Step 1) +
Required clearance height = 10' 10"

236LIFT_CALCULATOR-thumb.gif

How do I make the picture larger??

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going home tonite and measuring......
What about the length? width?
How long are the ramps?
Will it all fit when the lift is down with the garage door closed, with the ramps attached?
(What a pest I am)
Cheers,

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Model Number************RFP7*********RFP7-XLT
A. Rise*****************5'3" *******6' 4"
B. Length Overall******15'8" ******18'
C. Width Overall*******8'11" *******9' 5"
D. Inside of Column*****7'9" *******8' 3"
E. Between Column******12'5" ******14' 7"
F. Height of Column*****6'8" *******7' 9"
G. Width of Runways******20" *********20"
H. Height of Runway***4 3/4" ******4 3/4"
I. Width between runways*35" *********41"
Lift Capacity*******7000lbs. ****7000lbs.
Time of Full Rise 85 sec./115v - 32 sec./220v***105 sec./115v - 40 sec./220v