Sunday 7/11 NY/NJ/CT Viper Cruise to OBI Long Island

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi everyone,

Oak Beach Inn and Cruise out east Sunday July 11th.

meeting place as follows.

We are gonna meet 1 mile south of the LIE Long Island Expwy (495) off Exit 51 at the CARVEL ICE CREAM parking lot by 8:30AM and 8:45 would be the deadline and when we leave for OBI.

For the guys that are coming over the Whitestone Bridge from CT/Westchester. There is also a ferry boat from Bridgeport CT into Port Jefferson if you dont want to do the drive. I suggest to bring a car cover to avoid salt water mist while on ferry boat. Here is the link to the ferry boat http://www.pagelinx.com/bpjferry/.

New Jersey Vipers. Take Lincoln Tunnel into the midtown tunnel. Basically west side drive to the east side. Midtown tunnel entrance is located on 34th street and 2nd Avenue. Once you get out of the Lincoln take 34th St this way you avoid loads of *** holes and street is pretty smooth. Bare right once you get out of the Lincoln tunnel and this will get you there on 34th St.

Let me know if there is any confusion

send me an email to comfirm that you are coming or post to VCA thread. so this way there is no waiting for anyone thats not showing up in the first place.
Don't forget to keep a look out on VCA for updates.

C U there :2tu:

Rapid pulse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am considering coming from RI... can you give me a few details on your cruise?

"Heaven won't have me and Hell is afraid I will take over"

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was pulling a turn and the back came around and hit the brakes ..car did a 360 and hit curb on side of road. left side wheels damahe. side sill and lower front bumber. also fonna need a rear control arm. car is drivalble just rear wheel is bent. also got a tix from cop 45 mins later for careless driving

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the frame for damage at the suspension attachment points, if you haven't done so already. They get pinched very easily. In either case, you will need a wheel alignment. I guess you will be back in action soon.

Careless driving? What were you doing?

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was doing about 100 into the turn. The car hit the curb , went about 4-5 feet airbourne and did a 180 in mid air.
I know because I was driving about 15-20 feet in front of him.

D is VERY LUCKY he wasn't hurt or killed.

I'm not going driving with him anymore...

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah right u not goin drivin with me anymore. BTW ill be there tomorrow morning with you guys at carvel for 8:30AM.

NY VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dimitrios- I saw the pics of your car. I'm glad that you are OK :) . You are lucky you didn't get hurt. Now that it looks like you will be needing a new fascia I am sure that you are looking at a nice modified version. Some guys will do anything to have an excuse to get a new mod.LOL. See you in the AM.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitrios- I saw the pics of your car. I'm glad that you are OK :) . You are lucky you didn't get hurt. Now that it looks like you will be needing a new fascia I am sure that you are looking at a nice modified version. Some guys will do anything to have an excuse to get a new mod.LOL. See you in the AM.
I like the Autoform race fascia + splitter combination. Those center fogs are really cool.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth