I finally finished my side exhaust conversion, what do you think?

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Used the Corsa SRT10 Race exhaust system for the Conversion, It also seems like I have a little more to it now, maybe its me, I did install the rear Oxygen sensors also, sounds nice, no drone at all. Also installed a rear filler panel for the exhaust hole, what do ya think?

FLX109

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

3snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much did it cost. what side covers did you use? i what to do mind. any inf. you could give would really help. thanks.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Excellent! :2tu:

Would you mind shooting me an email or PM on how much this set you back and what parts you used?

Thanks!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks good... thought I gotta say, you'll be ripping it off in about 1 - 2 years. The sound gets abnoxious after a while. I tried it and at first it was great. But with the exhaust 2 feet from your years 150% of the time.. well.. umm.... you know the rest of the story...

Gerald

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look great! Now you've got a spot for that trailer hitch (just kidding). Actually, I did see a yellow GTS with Canadian plates and side exhausts towing a Prowler trailer going south on I-75 near here. Looked cool!

Congrats on a great conversion. :2tu:

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn fine job there. Gotta love those blue&white's. How did you attach that rear cover plate? :2tu: :usa:

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks fantastic....and I for one LOVE side pipes much more than the tail ones....

Great job!!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know. It's a nice job, but I'm sort of tired of side pipes. In my opinion, side pipes need to have the old look of the headers coming out behind the front wheel and then the pipe clamped along the side. Now those are side pipes!

I'll keep my rears.

AC

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have gone with the smooth style side covers instead of the GEN1 fluted covers. Also wouldn't a GEN1 rear bumper cover fit (thereby no plug-n-patch look)?

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used side covers from a 95 that I bought used, had them stripped, repaint and new stainless bolts where rivets were, I bought Random Tech High flow Cats and the SRT 10 Side exhaust setup (race exhaust)from Corsa, I was worried about drone so I talked to Jim at Corsa and this was for me (No Drone). I tried the rear (Random Tech) X-pipe and to much drone , real annoying. But this Corsa system works, I get more mucle sound and no drone inside at all. The Rear exhaust panel insert I got from Autoform, it is shaped like a Stealth fighter with bolt holes and attaches to the lower left and right facia bolts, I tried a RT10 facia and they don't fit. This panel even came already painted, Yes my wheels are chrome plated by California Chrome. I would have to figure out what it cost total, but I think the most expensive part was the Corsa SRT10 Race exhaust system and Random Tech high flow cats.

FLX109

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also kept all my parts so if I decide to go back, But it doesn't look that way right now, I am very happy with it. Total time for the install was about 6 hours.

FLX109

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Concept or not, still doable and still badass :laugh:

Anyone know of a company that builds a quad exhaust system for Gen II's, or does specialized mods for it?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a GTS with quad exhaust (both rear and sidepipes). Looks absolutely badass in my opinion.

If I was to add side exhaust that's the way I would go. I've tried to do the quad set up but haven't figured out how to split it inside the sills with 3" pipe.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth