My new TWIN TURBO Viper

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

My new TWIN TURBO (449 words) #371552

Well it surfaced a couple weeks ago and we managed to silent the MOB without Lying! But as many have stated RSI has built me an incredible Machine!

As many of you know I have the quickest SUpercharged VIper that was Built by DLM. This car is a beast!!! It runs the track Very Consistantly and has been a Great Joy to own! The only downside is the Noise factor of the Blower car! I live in a subdivision that prohibits me from driving this car without waking up the Neighbors!

There has been alot of talk about how the Twin Turbo is King well I disputed that fact but still had a great desire for a Fast car that wasn't so Loud! Well In search of this new product I spoke with Three of the Biggest and Best Tunners IMHO in the Viper World that offered the Twin Turbo system: Heffners performance, [******] performance, and Racing Solutions, INC. My search was for the best package deal. I would have been comfortable choosing any of these Three for the project. I actually changed my mind back and forth several times! My goal was to build the baddest Twin Turbo to date on a Viper. any of these three could do the job but I could only choose one. Thanks to Jason Heffner and John [******] for there time and efforts helping me along this path.

I chose Racing Solutions, Inc for this car because of the support they offer to the V-10 Nationals Race series. They have supported me since day one before I ever thought of becoming a customer and have attended every race and played a major financial roll in the success of the series. Yes Jason Heffner has attended the Races and supportted them and so has John [******]! John actually helped birth the idea and gave me great advice and still does.

Racing Solutions fulfilled my desire and built a TWIN TURBO system that is second to none IMHO!!! Thank you to Jason and Gerald for a Great car and I look forward to learning the car and seeing it's true potential.

I have the Best of both world's! DLM supercharger sytem and a Twin Turbo!

I had a mechanical failure on the DLM car at the race or I would have ran the cars back to back with me driving to see the difference. I did not get a chance to do this. (I will speak with Doug in the Morning to see the diagnosis)

However, I did drive the TT car and the boost comes in differently and I pulled it hard in 4th gear and it SCARED ME!!!! THIS CAR IS SICK!!!

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a beautiful car!! Many of us stopped and stared, and stared, and gawked, and stared, and so on as it was unloaded from the trailer. Best of luck David with the car.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Dr. Roof, you are now the baddest of the bad with S/C and TT. You will find the TT is a handful to drive for racing, therefore a learning curve is required. The car will be inconsistent because the driver has so much more input ie: coming out of the hole with rpm or boost, plus shifting etc. Power shifting is out of the question but you i am sure will master the car and lay down some impressive times. Seat time is a must and more power is just a turn of the boost controller away. Enjoy your new toy.

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Dr. Roof, you are now the baddest of the bad with S/C and TT. You will find the TT is a handful to drive for racing, therefore a learning curve is required. The car will be inconsistent because the driver has so much more input ie: coming out of the hole with rpm or boost, plus shifting etc. Power shifting is out of the question but you i am sure will master the car and lay down some impressive times. Seat time is a must and more power is just a turn of the boost controller away. Enjoy your new toy.

RonVIPER

we finally agree!!! LOL

Honestly you said it best. The car is a task to learn on the track! I drove it and it is completley different than the Blower car. the clutch would not hold so we was fighting shifting on all the passes but when I drove it I really had a hard time. (no experience, only drag racing since last VOI) but when I hit 4th gear I was most impressed on how the car pulled.

we will learn alot in the next few weeks that should help us for columbus.

thanks

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is where that old "No replacement for displacement" saying comes to play! 1000+ RWHP at only 14 PSI is AWESOME! Congrats! That thing must be FUN as heck to drive!

Any plans on turning the boost higher?:)

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, from the picture it looks like the turbos might feed into that shiny plenum in the foreground instead of a V'd inlet pipe..

AlvaSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to visit JUN Auto (Japan)and met Mr. Tanaka (owner) and Mr. Koyama (one of or the best tuner in Japan)and they showed me their Supras and Skylines that were
around 1000h.p. running 30+p.s.i. of boost on race gas.....
Now imagine a Viper engine capable of sustaining those boost levels!!!!! :2tu:

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be cool to see the Dyno number but trust me this car will not hook where it is. Until we find a better way to make it happen no need for more power.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The interesting thing is that there are more powerfull Supras in the US than in Japan. A friend's 100% street Supra (all acessories such as AC, stereo, leather, power steering, ABS etc. intact, nothing removed) put down 124X RWHP on NOS and 117X RWHP on boost (~40 PSI) alone!!!

A Viper Like Dr Roof's at 30 PSI would probably make ~1600 RWHP!!!!!

I had the opportunity to visit JUN Auto (Japan)and met Mr. Tanaka (owner) and Mr. Koyama (one of or the best tuner in Japan)and they showed me their Supras and Skylines that were
around 1000h.p. running 30+p.s.i. of boost on race gas.....
Now imagine a Viper engine capable of sustaining those boost levels!!!!! :2tu:

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be WAY cool to see the dyno number:) I can see how the car would have a hard time hooking up making so much HP and especially torque down low. Fourth gear pull though must be insane :headbang:

It would be cool to see the Dyno number but trust me this car will not hook where it is. Until we find a better way to make it happen no need for more power.

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be WAY cool to see the dyno number:) I can see how the car would have a hard time hooking up making so much HP and especially torque down low. Fourth gear pull though must be insane :headbang:

DYNO numbers YES!!!!!!! It would be way COOL!!!

I pulled the car in 4th gear once and it was a VERY scary RIDE!!!! it pulls hard!!! Big smile on the face!!!

maybe we can get it down the track and put down a good et

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456