1/4 mile track videos from inside the car

Surly 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, Those were excellent vids.! Felt my blood pressure risin as if I was in there myself! :headbang: Can't wait to get out there soon. You say that you have a Autoform bar with a levin reccommended camera mount? Can you PM me the details?

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang your car rev's up fast -- what do you have done to it to do that? Different flywheel?

I was wondering the same thing.
It even sounds more aggressive, but that could also be my imagination...

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, y'all!

Autoform bar with the recommended-by-DLM camera mount from IOport. Get the one that works with the 1 1/4" through 2" bar.

About the commentary... I have a few runs where all I do is talk to myself. They are a bit too crazy for this board, but it is pretty cool to be able to go back and see what I did wrong (like not having my foot all the way down in 1st gear).

Mods are the DLM Stage 2+. Supercharged, Intercooled, with heads, headers, borla exhaust, and no cats.

JD

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD...those are awesome videos!!! I'm lucky to have a super sound/speaker system with subwoofer on my computer. Wow...did it ever sound great thru them. Made my floor and chair vibrate! In your second video, did you have to get out of the burnout? Looked like the car really wanted to go left. Great job and great ride!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD, how the hell were you able to edit the vid to make it look like I was behind you.....lol.

ps - showed this to my wife and she started laughing and telling me I just got my a$$ handed to me. :laugh: my poor little sick car... :(

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD...those are awesome videos!!! I'm lucky to have a super sound/speaker system with subwoofer on my computer. Wow...did it ever sound great thru them. Made my floor and chair vibrate! In your second video, did you have to get out of the burnout? Looked like the car really wanted to go left. Great job and great ride!

Vette2Viper that's what a Novi 2000 sounds like and what it can do. I've driven JD's car and let me tell you "IT'S FREAKIN SIC"

Joseph quit picking on people ;) :D JDawg next time flatten his tires before hand :D

Joseph Man that's a fast silver zo6 :headbang: ;)

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joesph enjoyed the video :2tu: :headbang:
this is one of the funniest posts ive read in a while.
keep em coming :laugh:
Max

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was my first experience with the video camera [except for high-school with this one gal, but that is ancient history and the evidence was destroyed...] .

I can't wait to get some more racing under my belt so that I can tape even more!

Sad thing is that I prefer the LEFT lane when I race, but the camera is better positioned for a view from the RIGHT lane. Maybe I'll have to switch hit... details.

Glad that y'all are enjoying the vids!

2MANYTOYS - whenever you want to come out to race my "zo6", I'll be happy to make the drive. :)

JD

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was my first experience with the video camera [except for high-school with this one gal, but that is ancient history and the evidence was destroyed...] .

I can't wait to get some more racing under my belt so that I can tape even more!

Sad thing is that I prefer the LEFT lane when I race, but the camera is better positioned for a view from the RIGHT lane. Maybe I'll have to switch hit... details.

Glad that y'all are enjoying the vids!

2MANYTOYS - whenever you want to come out to race my "zo6", I'll be happy to make the drive. :)

JD

I would have to do the Fred Flintstone with my car right now. For some reason I've got a big hole where the motor normally sits. Call me and we'll hook up soon.