O2 sensor install

snke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to replace the upstream O2 sensor, left bank, on my 99 RT/10. Is this a difficult job and where is it located. Do I need to have it on a lift to access it? Does the battery need to be disconnected, or anything else to know before I attempt this. Also I ordered the front license plate bracket from Dodge. From reading I thought it was something that could be easily taken on and off. This is metal and needs to have holes drilled, not going to happen!! Did they order the wrong piece and if so maybe somebody has the correct part #. Thank you everybody for the help!! :confused:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It takes ten minutes. You will have to remove the heat shield under the washer fluid bottle. A second thought, I have Balenger headers, I'm not sure you have to pull the heat shield on oem headers.

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loosen the motor mount bolts on both sides of the engine. Unhook all hoses and fittings and be sure to remove the bolts mating the transmission to the engine. Once this is done, unhook all wiring. Be sure the motor and transmission are supported before removing any bolts. Those rascals are tough, but can be replaced in a few days work. Once the motor is out of the car, it makes the sensors much easier to access. While you are replacing the sensors, you might as well put a blower on it as well since you've gone to all the trouble.