Tuning It Up

VENOMUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you read earlier about my oil problems you know I am in need of having my engine pulled and probably sent to Arrow. I will be looking to tune the car in the near future anyway so should I be doing some things now to save some steps down the road.

I am looking to replace my exhaust to get the car sounding a little nastier but I don't want it ******* off the neighbors. Who knows of a good exhaust solution? I am also looking to increase the horsepower to around 700. I finally want to change the gears to 3.55 and what are the pro’s and con’s to that.

I have been told by some very creditable people that super charging this car without changing the pistons is not a good idea. Super charging seems to be the simplest way to increase horse power but what is the best way without over spending and keeping things problem free?

Thanking you in advance for any advice

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Three cost effective ways to 700 HP.
Super Charge
Turbo Charge
NOS.
If you go this route you will wish to keep your stock rear gear.
For 700 hp you will need to talk to the tuner of your choice for a package that will work well.
Corsa makes some nice sounding, but not too loud pipes. Removing cats, hi flow cats, or headers will get into the neighbor irritating stage.
Sorry about the oil issue.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For exhaust changes, the Corsa system seems to be the best for acceptable sound, power and looks. The tip alignment can be an issue (it moves as the system heats up). The 3.55 gears work great (even up to 600rwhp)but anything more than that you are just spinning your wheels.

Feel free to call us any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper