Black dots on rear blue facia and white stripes

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that I have black dots on the rear of my car, mostly noticeble in the white stripes, they don't seem to want to come off either, did anyone else have this problem and know how to get them off?

FLX109

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Goo Gone. Had some tar and other various road debris kick up on my car and Goo-gone takes it right off. Never harmed the clearcoat or other surfaces.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that I have black dots on the rear of my car, mostly noticeble in the white stripes, they don't seem to want to come off either, did anyone else have this problem and know how to get them off?

FLX109

I had the same problem with my '96 GTS. I still do a little bit. It is most likely little specs of carbon from the exhaust. I put on a Roe VEC-1 and adjusted the load for a better air/fuel ratio and the little black specs are almost not a problem anymore.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It happens mostly when the engine is cold and you back up in reverse and the exhaust sprays on the rear area. Warm the car up before moving. Which takes a few minutes if that. Simple Green cleans those spots real good. And WD-40, which is also great for bugs, and tar. I have had a few stubborn ones though, and I had to use 3M Rubbing compound, or 3M Polishing glaze. It is a mixture of carbon deposits and water droplets from your cold engine and exhaust pipes. You will not get these spots while cruising and the car is warmed up.As there is no moisture emitted then.

Dave

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same black spots on my '96 GTS. I tried everything to remove them with no success. So I looked at them closely with a magnifying lens and discovered that they are actually pits in the paint , in all likelihood caused by hot exhaust particles. They look black becuse they have burned through the white paint exposing the blue underneath. I never noticed this before putting on the Borla exhaust. Also, there are noon on my FE GTS which has the stock exhaust. I wish I had known this could be a problem. I would have put the clear protective film over the rear end when I installed the Borla.

Bob K

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Meguires Scratch Remover, will not harm clear coat. Make need to get your arm into it for a few minutes to polish out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss