Roe S/C ordered

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Called Roe this morning and talked at length with Dave. Real nice guy and as with all of the folks at Roe Racing, a pleasure to talk to. Answered all of my questions. Long story short, ordered my Roe blower with an 8# pulley with red anodized air tubes and a black blower unit. Should have it in about 3-4 weeks. Had the polished aluminum in stock but decided on the black case instead. Cannot wait to get it installed, tuned and running. Being a Gen1 Viper, I am able to run more boost because the pistons are forged and can handle the boost better than cast pistons, that is what Dave told me. Let's hear from other Roe blower owners; as much fun as you all claim? Let even more excitement begin!! :D :D

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
IEATVETS, I know you are gonna like the new found power. The Roe charger is a nice rounded package. I have driven a lot of the 7-8 lb cars, they really rip. I run 5lbs on my cast pistons and the car is scary fast.

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, uhh, ohhh, well, I'll just come out with it: YOU'LL F'N LOVE IT!!! YOUR CAR WILL F'N LOVE IT!!! YOUR FRIENDS WILL F'N LOVE IT!!! BUT YOUR NEIGHBORS WILL F'N HATE IT!!! So, let the good times roll.... ;)

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IEATVET:
Well, let me just say welcome. I had mine installed and was done a few weeks ago. I also had the 8lb and black case. I have dark grey with silver metallic on the tubes, my valve covers will be power coated silver in a few days and waiting for my new silver and black hood pad.

We are still fine tunning the car, but I will tell you this...make sure you be very careful when you gas it...cause man you might just get a heart attack. That thing is crazy fast.

BTW, get roller rockers and headers while you are in there, cause that is what I did and the car sounds a lot better than without it.

Enjoy...

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me stupid but...

What do you all mean by 7lb's and 8lbs? Pressure?

When you get your Roe equipment do you install it yourself or have a tech do it?

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ieat is gonna bring it over to my house,,,, install on my car so it can be broke-in..... :D

btw, yup, it's lbs of boost :2tu:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuelman
IEATVETS, I know you are gonna like the new found power.They really rip. I run 5lbs on my cast pistons and the car is scary fast.

I have or should I say HAD a creampuff car like the Fuelman..... and he is right...even more boost mooooore Scaaary. The fun thing is it is there EVERY time you beckon the call for MORE POWER.

May the force be with you....

Cudaman :usa:

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ieat is gonna bring it over to my house,,,, install on my car so it can be broke-in..... :D

The higher the boost the quicker you go right?

Is the boost adjustable?

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The higher the boost the quicker you go right?

Is the boost adjustable?

higher boost more horsepower ie speed

Is the boost adjustable? yes, by how far you put your right foot is pushed to the floor.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IEAT, welcome to the next level of vipermania.....you are going to love this blower. It's something that you will have to experience for yourself. I have a 98 GTS which I'm running 8LBS of boost on and it is "Scary Fast". If you are thinking about adding roller rockers/headers this is the time to do it. Have Fun and be careful!

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question for you blower owners. Right now, I can put the pedal to the floor with no problems. Will I get a lot of wheel spin if I do that with a blown car? I have driven high HP cars before but nothing over 500hp and certainly nothing with over 600tq!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question for you blower owners. Right now, I can put the pedal to the floor with no problems. Will I get a lot of wheel spin if I do that with a blown car? I have driven high HP cars before but nothing over 500hp and certainly nothing with over 600tq!

Need to upgrade tires .... all that horsepower will be going to waste.

You could save money by throwing oil under the tires, if you were looking for spinning tires, also it will make you LOSE races to SLOWER cars.

If you are looking to feel and see(lower times)the power, UPGRADE the tires.

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Well I'm sure glad you are having so much fun with your Roe SC, I put in a Paxton last week and so far 3 (THREE) things have broke, Leaked or just didn't work from the unit! West Coast Viper has been trying to work with me on instalation problems because Paxton does not warrant any labor EVEN when it is their faulty crap! So the install is costing me Double. Here is my last email to Jason at West Coast:
Is this normal for Paxton products to break twice in one week, I have to wonder what will be next? I talked to Paxton and why they are making me wait for their broken parts to be sent is beyond me. It is getting a little frustrating for my car to be sitting there, I know it's not your fault But I'm Hoping you give me a bit of a break on the labor this time around. I kinda would figure you being an affiliate with Paxton this extra work fixing their crap would be overlooked. I'm sorry if I'm coming across pissed. Actually I'm just venting. I was looking forward to having my SC now the wind is kinda out of the sails.

C Ya next Week Sometime,
JC

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Well I'm sure glad you are having so much fun with your Roe SC, I put in a Paxton last week and so far 3 (THREE) things have broke, Leaked or just didn't work from the unit! West Coast Viper has been trying to work with me on instalation problems because Paxton does not warrant any labor EVEN when it is their faulty crap! So the install is costing me Double. Here is my last email to Jason at West Coast:
Is this normal for Paxton products to break twice in one week, I have to wonder what will be next? I talked to Paxton and why they are making me wait for their broken parts to be sent is beyond me. It is getting a little frustrating for my car to be sitting there, I know it's not your fault But I'm Hoping you give me a bit of a break on the labor this time around. I kinda would figure you being an affiliate with Paxton this extra work fixing their crap would be overlooked. I'm sorry if I'm coming across pissed. Actually I'm just venting. I was looking forward to having my SC now the wind is kinda out of the sails.

C Ya next Week Sometime,
JC

Hate to say it, but you should have gone with a Roe :p :smirk: Seems there are only a few tuners that have figure otu the Paxton and most of them are only using the main unit from the kit. Fuel system is just not adequate from Paxton. Good luck,

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

C Ya next Week Sometime,
JC

Hate to say it, but you should have gone with a Roe :p :smirk: Seems there are only a few tuners that have figure otu the Paxton and most of them are only using the main unit from the kit. Fuel system is just not adequate from Paxton. Good luck,

I Do Believe Your Right! My Friend Who Is Enjoying His Supercharger......... :mad:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my 18" Kumho's, for U use the 17". If you put them on the front install invica sheild(sp???)3M product or similar product on the side sills BEFORE you put them on the front. You do not have to use Kumho's on the front, you can still use pilots. I like the idea of having matched tread pattern and same tire compound around the car. With Kumho on all 4 corners ...she runs like a bat out hell in a straight line and corners like she is on rails..... it is a hoot to drive.

I drive the car to Sebring(as in 24 hours of Sebring)and take right out the track and then drive her home. I will never go back to the Pilots.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I will never go back to the Pilots.

So does that mean we will not have to contend with the Cuderman in the street tire shoot outs at the V10 National races, Ha does it, Ha well?????

IEATVETS, there are a lot of good superchargers and tuner modified super charging systems out there. The Roe is a good bang for the buck, but still needs to be tuned by a good tuner. Macedo has done a number of the Paxtons with great success, he had a stock car on his duno the other day that made over 800 rwhp with a paxton. The Roe makes good torque and HP down low, the Paxtons make more HP up top in the higher RPM range, just depends where and how you drive. When you get the dyno number I'm sure many of us would like to see what the Gen I kit can do.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuelman I will never go back to the Pilots.

So does that mean we will not have to contend with the Cuderman in the street tire shoot outs at the V10 National races, Ha does it, Ha well?????

[/QUOTE]

:D :D Fuelman has got me there :D :D ...he right if I ran with Kumho's....I would hear " cheater", " cheater", " cheater"

But I do not run them on the street.....And let me tell you they are hard as poop to drive on the track even with VHT on the track and not spin the tires.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tires for me = Khumos, they are the way to go.

You will love the Roe blower, you reach such speeds so quick you have to take a second glance at the mph to check...am I really...oh my!

Mine doesn't scare me yet, hmmm, time to think about some NOS maybe?!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235