I just had my sneaky Pete's stolen!!

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had my sneaky Pete\'s stolen!!

I was in the store not less than 2 hours ago and when I was checking out I noticed 3 kids on bicycles hanging around my car bending over and what appeared to be looking at the tires. I always park away from most other cars and also try to park so I can keep an eye on it. I kept watching them as the cashier was counting my change back. I was getting pissed because I could see that one of them had his grimey little hands on the rear quarter panel and he was still on his bike leaning over with the handle bars perilously close to the car.

Finally I got my change and grabbed my packages and started out the door toward my car. The kids looked up as I was approaching and took off like they had superchargers on their bicycles. Now I am thinking to myself that most kids hang around and ask a ton of questions when they see the car.....not these punks. I knew they must have done something and then I remembered the post and picture on here not too long ago about valve stem caps being stolen.
Sure enough.....all 4 sneaky Pete's that my wife bought me for Christmas were gone. I know it's not a lot of money but man I was pissed. Just the principal of it. No respect. I got in car and tried to find the little thiefs but they ditched it somewhere.
I guess it could have been worse if the handlebars had scratched my paint but man I wanted to ring their necks.....I don't care how old they were.
I know there are others who have had this happen or have had their gas caps stolen but has anyone actually caught them in the act?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I just had my sneaky Pete\'s stolen!!

you mean this classy pic? i feel for you man. i know the feeling.

6435captheft.jpg

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I remember that picture. Makes me very angry. Didn't you let the kids off? I peobably would have lost it.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I remember that picture. Makes me very angry. Didn't you let the kids off? I peobably would have lost it.

I didnt realize that the cap was missing till the next day.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:confused: Sorry to hear about your theft. Thats why I never leave my car un-attended. By the way, what the heck is sneaky pete and fangs? Im assuming it recognizes gen 2 or 3 logos but why dont owners just say gen 2 or 3. Where did this sneaky pete term come from , and who is pete? Thanks for enlightning me.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had my gas cap stolen while the ol'Viper was parked in a "secure" parking lot. I wish I had caught them in the act. UHHHH!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Firecat were in NJ are you I'd be happy to beat them up:-D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sorry to hear that.....

I like them plain ones aviP is showing....gonna have to go get me a set.

OP
OP
F

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah Dimitrios.....That is exactly the picture that flashed through my mind. Not that it did me any good.....but I would never have even thought to look at my valve stems if it wasn't for that pic!!

Avip--thanks for the link to the ebay item....that one is sold but will keep my eyes open for those covers. They look pretty good and antitheft.

Viper GTSR--I appreciate the offer but I think the kids were around 10 years old.
I know it might be tough but I think I might be able to handle them on my own! I will definately give you a holler if any 12 year olds give me problems in future!!
I live in Bridgwater...not sure where Fords is? Near Rahway? If so..about 45 minutes away? Hey....I couldn't get that Keith Urban video to play...my puter is probably too old.....will try on my laptop when I get chance....thanks

Plum and Bo.....hope to see you guys again soon.

It also looks like the little turds tried to kick my center caps off......I could see little sneaker treads on my rim brakedust when I washed viper today.
I guess everyone wants to have a piece of the snake!

TOP GUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Solution in my opinion is to install an alarm with a radius radar sensor that warns (loud chirps and then eventual siren) anyone approaching the car, regardless of their intentions. Attracts attention to them and they'll just take off. Has anyone tried this?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth