Question for 1996 (White) RT/10 owners: RE: Rims

Rocketman66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love to keep my car clean but I am getting tired of trying to get the brake dust off the White Rims. The dust seems to settle in and mark the rims. Does anyone use any special wax or cleaner to remove the gunk!

Need your help!

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amy wax will work. Try meguiars NXT or Zaino, both have woked for me. Wax once a month and wipe off with paper towel.
No one's come up with a solution so far.
Try EBC brake pads if you haven't yet?

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Different wheels - 18". Late model wheels are polished and clear coated. Easy to clean, and care is just like the car paint; buff, wax, polish.
Later,

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have EBC greens, and with the white wheels, the brake dust just takes over the wheels in no time!! I recently noticed on one of my wheels, there is a hint of a stain, but I am confident I can get it off with a good cleaner wax...

What bothers me even more, is the dust on the inside of the wheel, which is quite visible with the 5 spoke design...At my next new tire install, I am going to seriously consider getting the inside of the rims painted (clear coat also)...

Tomer

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when I had my white RT/10, I changed from stock pads to Bendix Pads, they worked great, and my brake dust was reduced by about 75%. I still had to clean them but not nearly as often.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I switched to EBC pads, keep the wheels waxed with Zaino and merely wash them using the same wash water I use on the body. Comes right off just as easy as washing dust off the paint.

The inside of the wheels I use a toilet bowl brush to reach back into the wheel and clean the inside rim. I do remove the wheels once a year and completely scrub the inside and apply several caots of zaino, the rest of the time just washing as I outlined above will keep them perfect.

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely switch to EBC greens. I couldn't go 50 miles with the factory pads without them turning black. My wheels never had that new gloss either. Even after a thorough washing. I used Mequires polish then wax and it worked great. They still look good even after a year and half. Dust comes off easier also. The only thing that ***** is I had to do everything by hand. Good luck

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocketman66,

I have a set of the white wheels that I use sometimes on my B/W GTS to get a different look. I wax the front of the wheels and I use EBC green pads. I too did not like how the barrel portion of the wheels always looked dirty as I could not get back there to clean them. I painted the barrel black and now you never see the brake dust inside the wheel. This makes upkeep much easier.

Doc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger