Need help connecting a remote starter switch for bumping the engine..

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Where do I connect the two leads from a remote starter to? The directions on the box are a bit confusing...any suggestions? I just need to turn over the engine without starting it...

Ted B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's an easier way that won't require jacking up the car.

Under the hood near the (+) battery terminal is a 3 pin plug. If you follow it, you'll notice one end goes right to the contacts Tony mentioned, and the other inside the car. Just unplug the plug and hook one clip one the remote to the middle pin, and the other to the (+) terminal.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EVEN EASIER METHOD GUYS..

There is a starter relay (right next to the batter connect termanl over the PCM same location as described above), that you can take the plastic cap off of and simply push the contact to crank over the motor, and it will NOT activate the fuel system, or any other electical componets !!

Save all that fancy remote starter business for the non special cars ;-)

Jon

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do not have to jack the car up to attach to the leads to the starter, it takes less than one minute to connect them from the top. It is hard to reach the starter relay from the passenger side........if you were adjusting valves, a bump switch is nice to use from both sides of the car.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yikes, you aint getting any where near my twigs and berries. You obviously had the "*** bomb" drop in your neighborhood too (or you were at Chucks when it dropped at his).

Anyway, you bowl of rice, I still own my viper, thank you.

Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950