RT/10 Hood Damage

RSenn94RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Monday, I took my red 1994 RT/10 to the local dealership to have the head gaskets replaced. When I called today to check to see if it was ready, I was told that it was in the body shop to repair damage to the hood. When the service work was being done, about 2 inches of the right corner of the hood near the head light was chipped off.

Needless to say, I was very upset. This Viper only had seven thousand miles on it and I have been extremely careful with it to keep it like new. They have offered to repair the chipped place and repaint and clear coat the hood.

Has anyone ever had this type of repair done to their Viper and were you satisfied with the results? Other than just painting the hood, what is fair to ask of the dealer to settle the damages?

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seriously doubt you are going to be happy with the results.
Just my $.02
New hoods for Gen I = almost unavailable
That ***** bigtime!
At least tell him you want a lifetime warranty on the paint and bodywork. Also make sure it really matches well. Paint on older Vipers was never that great, so there is a possibility the paint quality will be nicer than original.
Have them extend your extended drivetrain warranty also (assuming you were having the head gaskets replaced under warranty).