NEW VIPER COUPE

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't normally post on matters of personal taste but I recently entered my GTS in a local benefit car show and met many Viper admirers. Nobody had a positive comment about the Viper SRT.
It appears that the original design team is still involved with this coupe. DC,listen to the public.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with all the positive feedback the first coupe concept received,
and how well everyone likes the comp coupe design,
I can't believe the new coupe is so tame looking....

It's pretty much a SRT-10 convert with a hard top and slight spoiler lip.....

as stated above, this car looks like a true supercar:

2089Viper_GTS_R_Concept1.jpg

this just doesn't:

14side1.jpg

of course there will be an inital frenzy for the new coupe,
just like there was for the SRT-10 convert, then it will die down, and they'll be
available everywhere, discounted just like the SRT-10 convert....

I hope it has 600HP, otherwise it's going to get taken down by the new Z06.....

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it a safe assumption to merely say that this one was thrown out to us for revisions and input in firming up the final design similar to what happened with the SRT-10?? Regardless of the positive/negative opines this car is really generating interest.

On a separate and positive note the rear tail lights for some reason are similar to the Ford GT or am I imagining this similarity? Overall, I like it Very much with a few tweaks here and there this car is awesome to me. I would, however, like to see the performance specs of this car reach 600/600/600 Naturally Aspirated with enough space under the hood for a Twin turbo setup.

Overall, Great Job DC!!

Jay Karson

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pics of the GTSR and CompCoupe say it all. The SRT coupe pics do not motivate me in anyway to want the car. I hope this not a decision that is final, if it is my resolve to get the Ford GT just got stronger.

ViperLB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From the side and front, the car looks near identical to a C6. Too tame for my taste. I'll keep my Gen II GTS.

xSaleen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Completely agree. This concept looks ‘nice’ but does not invoke the same emotion that the GTS-R concept did, for me. If DC built the GTS-R ‘as is’ I would find some way to get one. The current coupe concept makes me want to keep my GTS.

with all the positive feedback the first coupe concept received,
and how well everyone likes the comp coupe design,
I can't believe the new coupe is so tame looking....

It's pretty much a SRT-10 convert with a hard top and slight spoiler lip.....

as stated above, this car looks like a true supercar:

2089Viper_GTS_R_Concept1.jpg

this just doesn't:

14side1.jpg

of course there will be an inital frenzy for the new coupe,
just like there was for the SRT-10 convert, then it will die down, and they'll be
available everywhere, discounted just like the SRT-10 convert....

I hope it has 600HP, otherwise it's going to get taken down by the new Z06.....

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that other photos have been posted and I have been able to see the car from other angles.

I do think it looks better than the SRT Vert, but it doesn't hold water to the GTS-R! From the side view posted above it does really look like a GTS rear end was put on a SRT front end. It doesn't make me say to myself, "I've got to have one next to my GTS"! Although I do like it better.

Does DC understand that if they make the GTS-R, it will be the hottest SuperCar to hit the market, and after the current Viper owners eat up the supply the rest of the market will be waiting with $$$$ to get their hands on it!! :2tu:

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, but two years to come up with a concept looking like a "hard top" SRT... having a comp coupe to work with... The SRT is a real nice car but, please, give us a real GTS...

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey DC, I've been saying when they come out with a coupe like the GTS-R, then it's time to trade. But with this, I'll keep what I,ve got. Until something better comes along. It just might be that we won't get what most of us had hoped for, that is for another supercar experience like before. We might just have to be happy with the 'good ole days'.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still cruisin' the good ole days design, which I like best of all. The new coupe looks like the new vette w/ wide stripes. I'm sure it has been built for a more "refined" customer demographic since the involvement of Dailmer's German Design Team.

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC, how can you take an SRT/10 with an "EDGE Style" front & side and then add on a curved roof & rear end???
This car just does not go together!
I think that it is very ugly!
Hopefully, it is JUST a concept.
If it turns out to be the coupe that we have all been waiting for, it will be the death of our GREAT Viper.
Just my opinion.

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it come out, nobody should buy one. Then maybe they will have a recall and re-design it.

Tpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very dissipointed and have no interest in buying one. I sold my Porsche when I saw the "old" GTS; I thought it was the best looking car made. This car looks like part old GTS and part new; frankly, it looks like they slapped the roof from the old car on a new one. I don't care if it's got 600hp, it has no visual appeal.

Just my .02 worth.
Roy

ps. Build a street version of the Comp Coupe and I'll sell everything I have to get one:)

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more I view it the uglier it gets.Bastard son of GTS.Looks like a kit immitation of a GTS.Time fo DC to check the eye sight and do a quick drug test on the Viper design staff. Bruce

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could see the results now...

This guy tested positive for ***, and this guy has 2 glass eyes!

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you guys need to check out my photoshop thread over at [******] (a new SRT coupe section has been created) I extended the rear area, lowered the car and changed the colors.

In its current form I have named the car "stubby". You will see what I mean if you check out my thread on the other site.

IF they build this thing..it just needs a few adjustments. Otherwise...just make the CC in a street version. (even better idea)

It's not that hard DC designers. If I can do it...you highly skilled pros can come up with something better than what you just rolled out.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"ps. Build a street version of the Comp Coupe and I'll sell everything I have to get one:) "

I second that one! Even the old faithful -64 Galaxie might get boot at that point...

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"ps. Build a street version of the Comp Coupe and I'll sell everything I have to get one:) "

I second that one! Even the old faithful -64 Galaxie might get boot at that point...

"DITO"

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks DC -- at least you got a coupe concept out there for us to look at! The grade for your effort = C+.

You've got a lot of work to do before you debut a coupe concept at January's Detroit International Auto show. Put the A Team on it -- you need more passion and fewer committees. The VOI concept looks like an accountant's hermaphrodite!

It's understanding that you want to utilize existing components wherever possible. The SRT-10 platform has several good performance features and the best of them should be retained and improved upon. But hacking a pseudo GTS rear end on with bailing wire and duct tape -- come on. Dodge has got to play to win on this one -- not just play "not to lose". If you miss it here, you will have damaged the Viper brand permanently.

Get someone on this project to get it done right. It gets lost in the SRT (Sometimes Really Trying) program. Either go with the Comp Coupe concept or the refined GTS concept. But if you're going to go with the refined GTS concept, then refine it -- don't overlap the tailights, fail to integrate the rear quarter with the bumper, or otherwise junk it up. And if you are going to use those curves on the rear, then use the curved gills on the front. The curved gills were the strongest brand identifier on the Gen I and Gen II and you just tossed them out with the trash -- we don't want our cars looking like Vettes!

The bottom line is you've got to get an integrated design. Otherwise the new C6 Z06 and the Ford GR-1 will eat your lunch. If you just come up with a quirky kit car it will appeal to only a devoted and desperate few. You need a home run with universal appeal (like the original GTS and the new ME-412). DC has shown that they can do it, PLEASE don't drop the ball. Otherwise you are just wasting precious resources and will wind up standing around wondering why it isn't a success.

Let's go to work -- FAST!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LOVE the new SRT COUPE..............until I saw the side shot of it. From the side it looks like a GenII GTS with an autoform "coupe" kit for an SRT10 convertible. Front and rear look great IMO.. but from the side..... /puke/

I think this deserve caps.... WHAT IS SO DAMN DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND WHAT LOOKS GREAT AND IS A WINNER? DC, DO YOU HAVE A BUNCH OF 13 YEAR OLD GIRLS GIVE THE FINAL WORD ON GREAT AGGRESSIVE STYLING DESIGN? I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT. YOU KNOW THE CC LOOKS GREAT. YOU KNOW THE CONCEPT COUPE LOOKS / LOOKED INCREDIBLE. BUT YET A SUBPAR SRT10 COUPE DRIBBLES OUT. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.
I'LL GIVE THE SRT10 A C AND THE COUPE A C+.

You CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAn do better!!! :2tu:

G

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is such a huge dissapointment, when i first saw the rear end i thought the taillights were taken straight off the Gen1-2 cars, and the roof, what the hell, the car is all edges and lines, and then they put curves in on the roof? where is hte continuity, the flow? what the hell is this thing? And I honestly dont know what the hell is going on with that vertical treatment orginating from the rear spoiler, it totally breaks up any visual flow the car may have had in the first place. DC is making viper guys hate the viper, sad day.

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt however, that the folks representing the coupe are getting nothing but positive reviews. If I were there, I would probably be saying nice things to them too, like oh, nice car. Nice color, nice... blah blah blah. Same thing when I see people in SRT's. I don't want to hurt their feelings so I just agree with them or say "nice car" (which it is). I certainly would never say "I would never buy one." or "yea, but it stinks in comparison to a gen I/II", etc...

I once went in to a local car dealership that had a couple of SRT's for sale here in Austin. When we got there, we looked at the srt's. The owner kept taking us back to his pride and joy, a 900hp supra. He showed us the engine, what he had just had done, his history with the car, the interior, etc... We listened and say the occasional, "wow, cool, that's neat." etc... He had a blue/white GTS as well and I tried asking questions about it, but he kept wanting to show us his Supra. We eventually left and and I still feel to this day that he thinks we liked his supra more than the vipers, after all we gave him such positive praise about it and we spent most of our time there talking about it. The reality is of course that in my mind it doesn't hold a candle to the Viper GTS.

I hope they don't go home thinking it's a hit, but I also hope they don't feel we don't appreciate the effort.

I just think they need to hire the original viper designers, because this current crew is just not getting it.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We always hear that DC checks in on this site to see our reactions. I hope they are!

But just in case they are NOT checking in on us, we should all print out the New Coupe Posts from every section and mail them in to DC!!

What do you think?

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Somebody tell us who designed the GTS-R and the CC? That's who they need working on this coupe. Where are they? Has DC lost all the designers or what? Did they just come up with this overnight? Ain't gonna work for me unless it comes closer to what they already have in the CC or GTS-R. Thanks for thinking of us DC, but we deserve more effort than that. Remember the Viper revived the brand, don't forget that. I never ever thought that I would ever be interested in a Chrysler product, but here I am, have spent more money with DC than any other company, and I have bought many new cars. Anybody else feel this way?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more I view the uglier it gets.Just as ugly as an RT-10 with a toupee top clamped on.Best looking car gen 2 GTS,2nd gen 1 RT-10(no toupee)3'rd gen 2 RT-10(no toupee),4th SRT-10,5th any rt-10 with toupee top or the botched bastard srt-10/GTS coup. Bruce

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't normally post on matters of personal taste but I recently entered my GTS in a local benefit car show and met many Viper admirers. Nobody had a positive comment about the Viper SRT.
It appears that the original design team is still involved with this coupe. DC,listen to the public.

Thats funny I had the same remarks about the gts. I won 3 trophies that day and in 3 diffrent classes with my srt.

people said it was the best open top car they have ever seen!!!!

vd..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth