NEW VIPER COUPE

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AT VOI this year is the new concept viper coupe. I will have pic tomorrow. Can't wait to see it. I hear it is awesome!!!!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Take some pics of the back end, from different angles!

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Here are a few snatched from the Alley:

You must be registered for see images

Looks MUCH better than the vert. This one I would consider buying. Wonder when they will offer it in black...

:cool:

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neat concept, and it is only a CONCEPT. 500 HP stock SRT-10 drivetrain announced. 650 horsepower and a "smoother" look? THat's what is needed. Let's wait and see. Dodge is "listening to us," but fiscal reality makes one think that this is only a stop-gap measure.

Maybe they're waiting to see what numbers the new Chevette...er..."Corvette" lays down.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From those pictures it looks Real nice!! :2tu:

Isn't it SAD that I will be disappointed if it doesn't have 600hp! Man, we are spoiled!! :p

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to DC for REALLY bringing it to the Table for us! :2tu:
From the few pictures it looks AWESOME! The rear looks mean and fat in the back! Can't wait to see it in person, then drive it! :headbang:

Now please don't anyone say they are letting people drive it! I will be hurt! :p

Time to start SAVING!! :usa:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like they jammed a Gen II GTS rearend and roof onto a Gen III to me.

Without improved performance numbers this is a snoozer.

:( :(

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a GTS with Autoform conversion kit. Was hoping for a Comp Coupe in street legal form. Most of us add more hp and better brakes.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. However with rumors of a 500+ HP Z06 (which would give it a better power to weight ration than an SRT10 if they are true) and the Ford GT making well over 600 real HP (despite Ford's claim of 550 HP and even though the GT is not a direct competitor to the Viper as it's almost 2X as expensive) I bet they make the coupe and that it will be rated at at least 600 HP and may even be underrated at that much like the Ford GT...... My money is on the car performing better than the upcoming Z06 and at least close to the Ford GT if not even better!

I actually like the looks of this concept in the pics. Not sure if I like it as much as the 1996 to 2002 GTS (one of my favorite looking cars of all time) but I like it. Lets hope they build it!

My dream? Keep the bada$$ 505 cubic inch motor and design it for boost and twin turbo it to 600+ HP. That way extra HP is as simple as cranking the boost (probably have 800+ HP potential on stock turbos) and crazy HP would only be a couple of larger turbos swapped away :cool: Not to mention that the engine would be built from the get go for boost. Also if they "only" increase the power to ~600 HP with turbos and if the turbos were capable of around 800 HP "maxed" out they would spool like a sonofab&^%h with an engine like that (virtually zero lag)... Darn that would be awesome....

By the way, these ARE the good ole days of high performance cars :headbang:

Key Word here: Concept

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ford GT is in competition with the Viper after all they are both super-cars. That is what makes the Viper such an awesome buy it waxes almost everything out there that is 2 to 3 times as expensive.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like they jammed a Gen II GTS rearend and roof onto a Gen III to me.

:( :(

Thats the same thing I was thinking when lookin at these pics....I wanna see some more full car shots to really see its dimensions...At least there is a coupe to look forward to...Now the agonizing wait for the specs...

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is it??

This gotta be a joke, right???

The Comp Coupe looked awesome, I better stay somewhat quiet on this one. I quess that solves my problem regarding a Coupe purchase...

OP
OP
O

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is awesome and I am glad chrylser gave us what we wanted. For all of you that are not happy, I bet you acted the same when the 92's came out. Get over it, you wanted a Coupe and they gave it to us. So be happy.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, im disappointed i waited for this:

2089Viper_GTS_R_Concept1.jpg

2089Viper_GTS_R_Concept2.jpg

then i saw this :(

14side1.jpg

14side3.jpg

dont know why DC ignoring the facts, the GTS-R Concept by far the best looking viper ever and the one should replace the GTS no matter what. this GTS Concept may look nice and its yes a viper but no soul. hope they try and at least work the rear end lower it, etc or you know sell me a GTS-R concpet :2tu: or the CC :D

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"For all of you that are not happy, I bet you acted the same when the 92's came out"

Sorry, but You couldn't be more wrong...
When I saw the -92 I fell in love in less than 2 seconds. Same happened when I saw the Blue/white 1996 GTS. One of the most awesome car designs I've ever seen!

I cannot describe my feelings with this one quite with the same words. Looks like there are several who really like it, Great. :2tu:
I never liked the C-5 and it never grew on me, I am afraid that the same thing will happen with this one. Hopefully it looks better "live" than in pictures and that they have at least boosted the HP on it.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I totally agree about this being a SRT with a roof. The 96 is far superior in looks and to buy this SRT for almost twice the cost of a 96 blue/white makes no sense.