New soon to be Viper owner Checking in from MA!!!!!

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I have been lurking the forums for a while now and have finally pulled the trigger on Jason Heffner's 2000 red w/silver stripe GTS. I pick it up next Tuesday. Its got some nice 19 inch HRE'S on it and some nice rotors. It also has an aluminum flywheel and a short throw shifter. From reading prior posts I guess he is pretty popular here on the forum. Few beginner questions....
1) No recalls were ever preformed on this car (according to Jason) Is the steering wheel bracket thing important to have done
2) Any other recalls?
3) Will my local dodge dealer ship do the recalls for free? Even though the car is 4 years old and has its 3rd owner?
4) I need an exhaust, what are some options, anyone in the MA area that I can swing by and listen too.
O yeah and if you wanna see a pic of the car check the classified section its still in there, I hope to be a part of the viper community for a long time and I hope to learn a lot on these forums about my car.

PS im a prior C5 owner hehe and I was part of the corvetteforum for 3 years "Martin97c5" :usa:

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin2000GTS

Welcome,
I go to Chuck Tator @ Tators Dodge (the best) in NY for my work, I have the car shipped by Yerardi Transportation, you can also go to Fitgerald Motorsports in Laconia, but no to familiar with their work, alot of dealers won't touch them or they will but beware. I have side exhaust but not sure what your looking for, your welcome to listen. Alot of Corvette owners are makeing this change.

FLX109

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I have been lurking the forums for a while now and have finally pulled the trigger on Jason Heffner's 2000 red w/silver stripe GTS. I pick it up next Tuesday. Its got some nice 19 inch HRE'S on it and some nice rotors. It also has an aluminum flywheel and a short throw shifter. From reading prior posts I guess he is pretty popular here on the forum. Few beginner questions....
1) No recalls were ever preformed on this car (according to Jason) Is the steering wheel bracket thing important to have done
2) Any other recalls?
3) Will my local dodge dealer ship do the recalls for free? Even though the car is 4 years old and has its 3rd owner?
4) I need an exhaust, what are some options, anyone in the MA area that I can swing by and listen too.
O yeah and if you wanna see a pic of the car check the classified section its still in there, I hope to be a part of the viper community for a long time and I hope to learn a lot on these forums about my car.

PS im a prior C5 owner hehe and I was part of the corvetteforum for 3 years "Martin97c5" :usa:
41685816.jpg

Is this the one ??? (((NICE)))

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin: That is a GREAT looking car. I'm sure you will love it. Tator is the only person you will want to take your car to for any/all service/upgrades. Not sure how far you are from him, but it's worth the trip. See if any of the local New England club members have a Corsa Exhaust car you can listen to. Have Fun with your new car !

OP
OP
M

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been to Fitzgeralds maybe 5 or 6 times this year and the guys there never seem to want to help me or take me seriously. I also felt that their prices were a little high. For example they had a 98 gts w/stripes and 11k miles for 54k. Isint that too much??? Well at least thats what I thought. Do you guys know if fitzgeralds does work on cars at their place? Or do they bring it to the dodge dealer they have up the street.
Martin

OP
OP
M

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Tator is in NY it cant be to far away from me. Im gonna call them today to see if they can do the recalls. Do you guys think the recalls will be free?
Martin

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice!! :2tu:

Just do yourself a BIG favor, when you go to pick up your car at Heffner's, DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT, get in one of his TT or SC cars!! :eek If you do your life will never be the same!!! :headbang:

Congrats again!! :D

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin- Fitzgerald's sends their service to the Dodge Dealership across the street. Sometimes they sub the recall work out to Steve Heinze who is close by...He was their Vipertech for many many years, can take care of any modifications you might want to do...

You can call me any time if you have a questions... Jeff 603-234-8898 (cell)

...or our Tech Director - Chuck Tator 914-763-3136

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin,

Do yourself a favor and take it to Tators for the recall work. He does an exceptional job and yes it is free. Also, congrats on the new car. I have seen it before and it is in perfect condition.

OP
OP
M

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill definatly go to Tators, Thanks guys!
Any opinions on a nice exhaust setup? Borlas sound any good on a viper?
On my vette I had GHL's magnum plus, Borla over the axel cruising exhaust, SLP's lund mouth, and now I have the Borla race set up with no mufflers. ( I still have the vette but I sold it to my friend who is picking it up tomorrow)
Thanks
Martin

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Martin Congrats on your new ride. I have a business right on rt 1 in peabody ma. and im the secretary of the new england viper club and i can take my car to work one day and you can check out the exhaust system. also join the vca and come to our events we have a dyno day coming up if you want to see what your snake is packing. email me and we can hook up [email protected] :2tu: :2tu:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, congrats on your new ride. I was considering calling about that one. But I had my heart set on Yellow... thats is a NICE,NICE car.. Love those wheels..

I picked up my 2001 GTS about 2 months ago.. Traded my 2002 Z06 for it.... You wont look back...

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin, hi it's great to see that this car will be in the New England Region. It is a beautiful looking car. I hope you are considering joining our region of the VCA, we have some great cruises and some very cool people. I do a lot of photography on our cruises and I gotta say that I hope to catch your car in my lens sometime.

Nick

OP
OP
M

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys mean exactly by "joining the VCA" How do you join and what do you get out of it???? Just wondering....rememebr im still a newbie. Jeryy whats the name of your place on Rt1? Ill stop by sometime.
Martin
4 days and counting

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where to begin? Your on the National Website for the Viper Club of America, the website is free. But if you join the club (dues $100.00/year).

a)It puts you in contact with other owners in your area, we organize all kinds of get togethers over the year. b) Membership discounts for parts and service. c) Arbitration with Dodge and Tuners should the need arise. d) Invitaions to all National and Regional Events. e) Viper Quarterly Magazine.

If you go see Jerry he will explain it in detail.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
...and raffle opportunities

...and vca edition vehicles

...and ambassador program certificates

...and access to our Members Only portion of the webiste

...and VCA Notes, our National Newsletter, with events, gossip and timely news items

...and friendships wherever you go!

Where to begin? Your on the National Website for the Viper Club of America, the website is free. But if you join the club (dues $100.00/year).

a)It puts you in contact with other owners in your area, we organize all kinds of get togethers over the year. b) Membership discounts for parts and service. c) Arbitration with Dodge and Tuners should the need arise. d) Invitaions to all National and Regional Events. e) Viper Quarterly Magazine.

If you go see Jerry he will explain it in detail.

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin the names of my two stores are 1.) Slumberrest beds and futons and 2.) Bedrooms i base myself out of the Bedrooms Store call me 978 535 6421. your car is awesome. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave