Kansas City Viper Club Rocks!!! Kansas Speedway (Pics)

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This Club is really awesome! We got to go onto the Kansas Speedway for the Big Brothers-Big Sisters benefit for charity.

Chris Marshall, THANK YOU for setting this up! (I'm waiting for your write up on this event)

Tim Galyon (Don't know how to spell your last name), THANK YOU for taking one for the team and holding the pace car up while everyone else was getting some hot laps in!

Pic #1 - Tim (^) getting it put to him by an old ******(ha-ha!) This is a picture of a picture so it's a little fuzzy.

1721Picture_128-med.jpg

Pic #2 - The staging lanes. (Chris Marshall and Bill Pemberton discussing which one would sacrifice their car to take me out so they could get around me and I won't mention what Bill's driving but it's black)

1721Picture_122.jpg

Pic #3 - 130'sh mph pass!

1721Picture_126.jpg

Pic #4 - Winner's Circle!

1721Picture_105.jpg

This was the funnest day I have had in my Viper since I bought it - BAR NONE!

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pictures Matt. You missed this one though, after I got around the lapped traffic we can see who took the lead. That was cool the way they put those slow cars on the track so we could have someone to pass.
The KC club has a bunch of really fun people. I don't think some of us pay attention very good, I think the track people said something about no passing and 65mph limit not 135MPH. (you know who you are)
Thanks to Chris Marshall and Bob Woodhouse and others involved for getting us onto the speedway.

5842BumbleBee-med.jpg

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We know those Kansas Club knows how to have fun.....They sponsored the V-10 Nationals to come to them and now a first class speedway.

You guys are on the cutting edge!!!!

Cudaman :usa:

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was fun watching the smiles on the people when they would get out of the Vipers after being on the track, and the kids that did the ride alongs had smiles too.

5842Matt.jpg

My mom took all these. Not bad for a great grandma eh?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, to think I missed this post! It was a great outing indeed and everybody seemed real pleased with the results, including the folks from Big Brothers Big Sisters. Why? Even though we are the second smallest club in Kansas City (the Porsche Club has 650+ members to our 70 or so), we raised more money for the Big Brothers Big Sisters than any other club by a long shot. Most donated ZERO (did the free stuff and left), but every single one of our members that attended donated $50 per person, which the Kansas City VCA then matched almost 1 for 1. Result? Almost $5,000 from the Kansas City VCA and it's members! Add the very generous sponsorship from Woodhouse Dodge (another $5,000 plus the expense of bringing down several cars) and the Viper Nation was a HUGE part of the success of this annual fundraiser. Rest assured that we will have even more in store for our members next year!

I will do a full post on this event later today (sorry, been swamped), but here are a couple photos featuring your original post author, Matt Kovac:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Great to be a part of this awesome club!