Roe or Paxton Supercharger?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, though I do not know the prices for either it seems like the Roe twin screw supercharger and the Paxton centrifugal supercharger systems will be available in the near future (or already are in the Paxton case).

The basic question is which makes the most sense overall. Durability, ease of installation (assuming DIY) and performance would be the primary factors. Not an easy decision in any case. But something to mull over for a winter time project.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just bought the DLM paxton SRT kit. I'll be installing it the end of this week. i will let you know how easy it is. Going to post pics when i get it done. intercoolers work great for cast piston cars.

Max

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends how you like your power.... See if you can hook up with some Gen II guys and drive a Roe then a Paxton with equal PSI. The way they deliver power is VERY different.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey onerare,

Care to expand on your statement?

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure. The Roe blower is a twin screw type blower, whereas the Paxton is a centrifugal. The twin screw provides near full boost from off-idle to redline, whereas the centrifugal build boost gradually based off RPM's. Although the following link may be a bit biased, it does help explain the differences between different types of blowers.

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/techinfo-general.htm

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Ken bell system is biased......they aint selling popcorn machines :confused: . i've had twin screws on trucks and other cars. Other than the exhaust the center of the engine is the hotest part of the motor where the twin screw sits on. Because of that i don't like the heat soak after a while because the power seems to gradually fade alot when the motor gets hot.
The DLM Paxton unit is mounted separate from the motor and the power delivery is not so hard so the tires hook up once the car gets moving then the car PULLS LIKE AN APE ;) i'll post my experience once i get my srt together with the new
Dlm Pax system. my son and i are going to install it.

Max

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, onerare. What type of "blower" does the newer Mustang Cobra's run, twin screw or centrifugal?

Krazy PSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with MAXEDGTS. My 2002 VIper had the roe blower, thats why I sold it! My opinion, go with the PAXTON. Viper X the Cobra runs a twin screw type set-up.

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with STU. The twin screw is part of what makes the GT engine stand out from the Mustang.

I think it was stated somewhere above but an advantage (currently) for the Paxton is the ease of using an intercooler. That allows a more aggressive cal and boost due to lower detonation potential.

Does anyone know what engine speed the Paxton efficiency is at maximum? The non-linearity of the centrifugal is its biggest weakness from an overall performance standpoint. But, also stated above, that same efficiency curve is what makes its lower rpm manners more reasonable, making launches easier.

Still on the fence regarding which is best for a street Viper.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Still on the fence regarding which is best for a street Viper."

Ron
How do we know that there will even be a real roe kit for the srt. Who knows by the time the roe kit comes out I/we might own me412 (s)

Now is the time Paxton is the o n l y kit out.

vd..

Rumor has it that dlm will have a monster hp bolt on kit making 650-720 rwhp on a almost stock srt.
we will see soon ;)

get the hint ;) ;)

vd ;) ;) ;)

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope he is careful as all SRT engines are not created equal (inside or out). They have not received much press like the later Gen II's but suffice to say the power handling capability of the different years is different.

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Still on the fence regarding which is best for a street Viper."

Ron
How do we know that there will even be a real roe kit for the srt. Who knows by the time the roe kit comes out I/we might own me412 (s)

Now is the time Paxton is the o n l y kit out.

vd..

Rumor has it that dlm will have a monster hp bolt on kit making 650-720 rwhp on a almost stock srt.
we will see soon ;)

get the hint ;) ;)

vd ;) ;) ;)
A LOT of people have been buying the Paxton DLM system for the SRT. I've heard it's one of the best kits and I know Doug builds an awesome car! I spoke to Doug about his car or buying an SRT at the right price.
I won't sell my GTS but from what I've heard the sc is what makes the new cars run stronger than the older ones :shocked: . I don't know how this could be possible but I'm waiting to take a ride in one hopefully soon ;) ;)

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep

Just like using n2o, Some people use it for years and no problems and others blow up after 1 day.

Thats why they have these

http://www.plxdevices.com/M-Series-Controllers-Datalog/M400_500Promo.wmv

dynos

and people like Doug Levin

I have heard stories of people blowing up their cars in less than 1 month and others with no problems after 15000-20000 miles (gen 2)

We will see soon. ;)

vd..

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

To know anything significant about the twin screw supercharger system we're building, you're going to have to wait a little longer. It's entirely pre-mature to be included in a comparison at this time. If you want a SC kit right now, a Paxton SC is your only option.

What we're building is completely new and different than what we've done before. It's based on the same compressor (Autorotor Twin Screw), but nothing else is the same as our Gen1 / Gen2 kit. You must know we're going to use the years of experience from building the last 225+ Viper blower kits to make the next kit even better.

Any system out before ours is finished simply gives us a better target to shoot for.

Regards,
Sean

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I DROVE Doug's supercharged SRT and It made me feel like selling my GTS!! Never experienced a car that drove so darn 'stock sounding' but hauled asp. Definitely changed my attitude about the srt. The handling, brakes and power are just amazing.
Wish I never drove it :p Maybe I can get the wife to test drive it ;)

SilverBlueGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can Doug tell us what he includes in his Paxton kit that makes it different than what is offered from Paxton. I am assuming his kit makes more boost and has the fuel delivery and tuning to go with it. If this kit is mail order I might be interested. I just dont want to do the send the car out and wait a year program.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can Doug tell us what he includes in his Paxton kit that makes it different than what is offered from Paxton. I am assuming his kit makes more boost and has the fuel delivery and tuning to go with it. If this kit is mail order I might be interested. I just dont want to do the send the car out and wait a year program.

NO, it's a guaranteed 2 week install by DLM. And when you send your car you know you won't get ripped off like Hennesleeze. GOT THE PICTURE? ;) ;)

Gerald

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I must say That I have a great deal of RESPECT for Sean Roe and I know that he ,his company and his products are 100% on the money. (he's also a great guy) but I could not wait another day for extra power. I feel like I have to take my 2004 yamaha r1 out to fix my need for speed. Its just getting toooooo cold for that. So I done did sold out.

I feel like a guilty cheater. I know that paxton has not done nearly as much for the viper world as Roe, but I am a hp ******.

Confessions of a hp ******

vd..

sean please foegive me

:(

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all want that greedy horsepower bug right now :D
You just can't wait to go faaaaaaaast ;) You want it, you need it you got to have it.

-Lou

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R