A Viper...yes....Other Things?....apparently not

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received a FAX quote on a Viper in 1992. The amount was $95k plus taxes. The seller was a man who charged his children for meals.

I looked at many Vipers over the ensuing years. I almost bought a 1999 ACR at a Mercedes dealer. I had actually gone there to look for a 2001 SL500, and the ACR was sitting next to it. The Mercedes glistened; The ACR flatulated. Very different breeding. I chose the ACR.

The dealer thought I had cooties; he would not let me take the ACR for a test drive. (Admittedly, my comment "hey, give me five bucks if I can't light `em up for fifty feet" caused sweat to drip upon his Armani).

He suggested that I "go visit those Dodge-or-whatever-people who make these things; surely there is one on the other side of town." He looked impatiently at his Rolex, and I commented that I get e-mail offering me one just like his for $100. He shuddered and called security.

Then Jenna Jameson's Viper appeared on E-Bay a few years ago. It was poised in front of her home. I liked the house (would not want to use the bathroom, however), but I felt that the concern for cooties would resurface if I rode around sitting in her Viper. I hear those things can jump 10 feet. Likely, that is just an urban myth.

I noted that celebs bought and disposed of Vipers. Sometimes people like dreams more than realities. I think that the Viper scared them (bladder dysfunction).

I came very close to buying a 2002 Final Edition. To me, they had instant curb appeal. There was no mistaking them for anything else on the road. I heard a guy on TV refer to them as "cartoonish." He looked remarkably like Sponge Bob, and I felt this was, therefore, biased reporting.

I saw the SRT-10 at the International Auto Show in 2002. I was not pleased. I missed my cartoon buddy. With the SRT-10, no one would know that I had spent the better part of $100k for a rolling spinal destroyer. However, with custom touches...they were not so bad. It was also past time to sell my Harley, and those two goals could be concurrently implemented.

The Harley is gone. The SRT-10 is here. I have a lot of play pretties on order.

But then, I have had to deal with those things I apparently cannot have:
a. A custom paint job
b. A 426 Hemi
c. My VCA Membership Number

You can plan and scheme, but there are things that remain elusive.

Ew...I see a pony. TTYL

Alice

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Alice,

"I heard a guy on TV refer to them as "cartoonish." He looked remarkably like Sponge Bob, and I felt this was, therefore, biased reporting."

You are just incredible! Too Funny!

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the best post I've read in ages - Alice even appreciates the difference between "then" and "than" and I'll go on to surmise that the usage of "their" and "there," and "break" and "brake," and even the terrible trio of "two," "too," and "to" would be within Alice's grasp.

maybe there's hope after all . . . .

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Than I dunt apresheeate u too maeking fun of my breaks! Their r just so many minutes in a week two tipe with won finger.

Luv Ralf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32