Mr. Clean ----WOW

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before. But these days when a product works as advertised, I am impressed. I used the Mr. Clean car system and got a clean car, with no spots. The only thing I did was use my leaf blower at the end of the wash-rinse to hasten the drying. A lot less effort expended all around with the same good results. I wish all products worked as advertised. :2tu:

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used the Mr. Clean system all summer and it works great - saves a ton of time as you don't have to dry the car off, and it makes the rims look awesome. Several members in our club now use it - at events it frees up a lot more time for us to sit in the lounge :2tu:
Highly recommended!

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Mr. Clean on my viper. I thought I was the only one. lol It works good!

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting it but was not sure. How does it actually work. You wet the car and then what???

You just wash it with their soap/de-ionized water gun. It has a three postion valve. One position for regular tap water, another that venturi's the Mr. Clean soap from the soap reservoir and the remaining position that runs the water through a di cartridge (removes minerals). I use mine at least twice a week and have been since they came out. I have had a couple of crappy di cartridges (one no flow, one no filter) in the last 6 or 7 months but considering how many times I wash, I think it's acceptable.

I usually rinse with regular tap, do the wheels/tires, rinse entire car again, then spray on their soap, wash car, tap rinse and finally DI rinse.

When I actually wash the car, more often than not I'll do the hood, trunk and vehicle sides each as their own entity, rinsing the entire car between each entities completion as to not allow anything to dry prior to the final DI rinse.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that surprised me with the system is the very slow final rinse. The filter seems to block the water flow so much that it takes a lot of time to rinse the car. The final rinse is about 1/4th the water flow compared to the flow without the filter.

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that surprised me with the system is the very slow final rinse.

I also tried the system for the first time the other day, and I agree with Frank. I may be the only dummy who has something negative to say, but for me it just adds another step in washing.

Normally: rinse car, wash with bucket and sponge, rinse off soap, then finish by using a leaf blower to blow off all the droplets of water (which works well, because of all the wax on the car).

With Mr Clean: rinse car, wash with the nozzle on "soap" setting and a sponge, rinse off soap, USE THE "NO SPOTS" SETTING ON THE NOZZLE TO RINSE THE ENTIRE CAR AGAIN (AND AS ALREADY MENTIONED THIS IS A SLOW PROCESS), then dry the car with the leaf blower.

I thought that maybe the "no spots" rinse would facilitate quicker drying with the blower, but that's not the deal. And that final rinse is painfully slow.

Just my .02. But, hey, it IS an inovative product, if you don't use a leaf blower for drying.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm....takes me about 4 minutes to rinse the car and I have never used a leaf blower after the final rinse!

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually take my car to the do-it-yourself car wash and then drive it 80mph for the ten minutes it takes to get home to dry it.

When I'm too lazy to do even that, I use the Mr. Clean system. The only problem for me is the water here is so "hard" I only get about two washings before I have to change the cartridge.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've read it's supposed to be good stuff.
Can't somebody adapt a filter to a garden hose and use a good carwash?

-Lou

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess that is basically what they have done with this device. I understand what you mean but this system really does work well and is very inexpensive per wash. It is quite durable as well - I ran mine over and it only got a scratch on it! :eek:

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't like it, used on a silver SUV and black sports car as trials.

minimal spotting on silver, black has horrible. I thought it poor prodcut and tossed it.

The other thing I did not like was, it seems to strip off the wax. ever notice your wash mit is pitch black after a washing. It was not dirt, the was clean when I started and the finish was rought like, not that smooth glassy waxed finish.

OP
OP
K

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They do address the wax stripping several times in the instructions. No wax removal. The black you get is supposed to be the soap, plus the better cleaning. I usually read these explanations with a jaundiced eyeball, but it did not seem to take off the wax.

Also, you have to remember that nothing cleans a black car well---black is fine as long as you want to spend the extra hours and hours on it.