NY/NJ/CT VIPERS - WOODSTOCK & HUNTER MOUNTAIN FALL FOLIAGE CRUISE OCT 17th

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Sunday October 17th we are doing a Fall Foliage Cruise to Woodsotck and Hunter Mountain areas. This would be a great opportunity for all of us to meet again with Chuck Tator and the Upstate NY snakes. First we will meet at Woostock of the NYS Thruway or 87. We will cruise in Woodstock and then head over to Hunter Mountain for a SKYRIDE as shown.

Here are the details,

Sunday Oct 17th

Anyone coming from Long Island I will meet you guys off the Cross Island pkwy at the rest area there where the dock is before you get on the Throngs Neck Bridge. Same spot we met when we drove up to Chuck Tators BBQ at 8AM Sharp. Its located between L.I.E (495) and Throngs Neck Bridge.

We will then head over the Triboro Bridge and make a quick stop for gas and pick off Vipers at EXIT 6 on the NYS Thruway or 87N at the Ardsley Rest Stop at 8:30. This Stop is about 15 Miles North of the GW Bridge for guys coming over the GW bridge or from Cross County Parkway Areas.

We then head again North on 87 for about 20 milies to the next Rest Area which is SLOATSBURG after exit 15A on NYS Thruway or 87 for 9AM. That Rest Stop is great for anyone coming from the Garden State PKWY, PALISADES PKWY or the TACONIC PKWY's.

Upstate NY viper Meeting spot and caravan FINAL meeting spot is exit 20 at 10:30AM. If you coming from North make a right turn on RT 32. Sunoco gas station on right.
If you are coming from the South make a left and again you'll see the Sunoco gas station.

From there we head into the roads of Woodstock and then into Hunter for Lunch ands SKYRIDE.

Hope to see you all there. This is a club event so come on out and play before you store it for the winter. Keep a look out on the National and Regional calendar and VCA Thread for updates. Also please let us know if you are gonna attend or might not attend. Aa yes or no would be great!

Thanks
Dimitrios
917 923 0625

Hunter Mountain Skyride

The easiest way to get a spectacular view from one of the highest peaks in the Catskills.

The Hunter Mountain Skyride is the longest chairlift in the Catskills, over one mile long. This comfortable four passenger chairlift takes you and your family to the summit of Hunter Mountain in only eleven minutes.

The 5500 foot long Skyride takes you up 1600 vertical feet to the summit elevation of 3200 feet above sea level. From this commanding vista you can see the Berkshire Mountains of Massachussetts, the Green Mountains in Vermont, and the beautiful Catskill Mountains as you've never seen them. The Hunter Mountain Fire Tower is located at the summit of Hunter Mountain, the second highest peak in the Catskills, at an elevation of 4,050 feet. It's a moderate two mile hike (each way) from the top of the Skyride to the fire tower.

If you had your photo taken by photographers while on the Skyride or Mountain Biking, you can view or purchase your photos here.

Hours:

Sat. and Sun., 10am-5pm, July 3 through October 17
Skyride is open weather permitting
Prices:

Adult (13 and over): $6.00
Juniors (7 to 12 years): $4.00
Six & under: Free
Group Rates:
$5 per person (ages 7 and over)
Minimum 15 per group
One complimentary ticket per 15 purchased
Purchase must be made by one person in one transaction
:2tu:

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D- No rain, I'll be there. Let me know if I can hook up with the Upstate Guys going South on 87 at the New York Thruway. Looking forward to it.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D- No rain, I'll be there. Let me know if I can hook up with the Upstate Guys going South on 87 at the New York Thruway. Looking forward to it.

you might wanna speak to HOSTILE/Skeeter. He knows that area the best.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NY/NJ/CT VIPERS - WOODSTOCK & HUNTER MOUNTAIN FALL FOLIAGE CRUISE OCT 1

im NOT a VCA member...mind if i join ?

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jets are home Vs 49ers or i'd be there. Hope to see some of you on saturday!

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D my schedule changed might have to work on sun. I need to confirm with a client will let you know soon...*** BLK

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

not a VCA member.....sorry...:)

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I didn't know i had a choice. When I bought the new Viper it was Free?? I got a membership and magazine! I didn't know i had to join!! :D :2tu:

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

D- I have contacted a few of the members and I am waiting to hear back. The NEVCA does have an autocross event scheduled for the same day.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

D- I have contacted a few of the members and I am waiting to hear back. The NEVCA does have an autocross event scheduled for the same day.
Come on Jeff...what's 200 miles to warm up your tires for the cones? ;)

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Coin toss. Ok here we go...Heads I do autcross. Tails I go to the Katskills and hang out with you guys... SEE YOU SUNDAY. :headbang:

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Coin toss. Ok here we go...Heads I do autcross. Tails I go to the Katskills and hang out with you guys... SEE YOU SUNDAY. :headbang:

alrighty then! THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT....

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

D will see you sun.. *** BLK

CT GTS SCUBAPRO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
D.
I can not make it, but I wish all plenty of sunshine. Just a thought, for a diifferent route on the way back to the Thruway from Hunter, just east of Hunter, from 23A take a right onto 214 south about 10 miles into the town of Phoenicia, You can then take route 28 east back to the Thruway. Phoenicia is a little town on the river that has some nice shops and restaurants (and bars). Route 214 winds through what the locals call the "notch" and is a great drive. Just a suggestion. Have a blast.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D.
I can not make it, but I wish all plenty of sunshine. Just a thought, for a diifferent route on the way back to the Thruway from Hunter, just east of Hunter, from 23A take a right onto 214 south about 10 miles into the town of Phoenicia, You can then take route 28 east back to the Thruway. Phoenicia is a little town on the river that has some nice shops and restaurants (and bars). Route 214 winds through what the locals call the "notch" and is a great drive. Just a suggestion. Have a blast.

thanks we'll keep in in mind. c u at the next one.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone wants to meet me here [Tator's Dodge] or at 684 [exit 6], I will be leaving my place around 8:30. Give me a call, if you want to hook up. :cool:

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys. quick question. anyone coming from smithtown area??? the reason i asked is beacuse a fellow viper owner wold liek to cruise with us sunday and on way back leave his car at tators and take a ride back in sonmeones viper to smithtown areas. can anyone help. if i wasn goin with my girl i would of given this gentleman a ride back to his house after dropping off at tators. thanks

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all who are planing on the sky ride dress warm,last week the temp. was 20deg cooler at the summit.The leaves are near or at their peak.

See you all Sunday between 10-10:30
Skeeter :cool: :laugh: :2tu: :headbang: :)

[I know 5 yards penalty for over use of Graemlins]

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

weather is looking decent....

TODAY
PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 50S. WEST WINDS 10 TO 15
MPH.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sweet see u guys, no rain as of 7:30 AM...10% rain. gotta hop in the viper and start heading up north.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4