Drag Racing for PA Vipers OCT-30th (Saturday) ****** Springs

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far looks like we have at least 6 Vipers going to the open Test and Tune at ****** Springs Drag Strip in PA. Date: October 30th Saturday. Time 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

For those who have not been there pretty nice track and you will not get the boot if you run 11 second or 10 second times and do not have a cage, so long as you have a full face helmet. Also nice track to get a lot of runs in, not the fastest track because of elevation but very fun and laid back.

Also have a TT Gen I going for sure plus a Couple 600 + RWHP vipers going as well. Anybody else interested in going, we will more and likely meet on 322 at around 9:00 that Saturday then head on up 11/15.

Hope to get a few more snakes, as there will be a mix of everything and the more snakes kickin butt the merrier.

Here is the dragstrip website for driving directions and track info.
http://www.beaversprings.com/

Here is a couple of my pics from last time there.

2222RaceBurnOut95Viper-med.jpg

2222RaceViperSitting-med.jpg

2222RaceJohn_Jeff-med.jpg

2222RaceNic_JohnSupra_s-med.jpg

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember that track. That's the one you have to back up to a picture of a ****** & do your burnout in front of it. :D I'll see if I can make it, I'm supposed to get my car tuned with the AEM next Monday/Tuesday & hopefully everything will turn out good. Wouldn't Maple Grove be closer for you guys? I think they have a test/tune the same day & also one in November?

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie that would be cool if you can make it, should have some quick vipers there. I am trying to get Paul (Lingelfelter 540 CID Package) to come as well. Also maybe your son would like to bring his car, should be quite an array of cars there. I have another friend bringing his Mitsu Evolv, that would be a good line up between the two.
I like Maple Grove better, but the problem is that after your 11 second pass and no cage you get the boot. I spoke with ****** Bob personally yesterday and he said it would not be a problem at his track if we went that fast without a cage as long as we have a full face helmet.

Good luck with getting your car tuned and hope you and your son can make it.

Ed

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed,

Looking forward to this!! This will be the first time I really get to drive my car after a year of working on it! Hoepfully Heffner can get the magic 700+ RWHp number Friday.

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ed, I might be able to come if I get my house cleaning done and my wife lets me. ;)

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Ed, I might be able to come if I get my house cleaning done and my wife lets me."
:D :D :D :D :D

Kerry, I'll be coming if I dont hit any bicyclicst on my way there!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed,
If i decide not to go to Nelson's Ledges for a race i'll show up.

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be a great event providing the weather is nice.

Very fun and relaxing track, can even take a passenger down the track as long as they have a helmet.

Also Paul with the Lingenfelter 540 CID Viper is coming but he is not bringing his viper, instead he is bringing his 8 second 69 Camaro. Maybe I can get a ride down the track in that beast!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

Kerry make sure you get your chores done so Sue gives you your allowance and you can afford gas this time.

Lauri just get you one of these and you should be able to make it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7929467268&category=33640

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to bring my camera, I never saw anybody with pink shorts, socks, sandals and a helmet before... :eek:

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kerry make sure you get your chores done so Sue gives you your allowance and you can afford gas this time.

Ed, I'll be okay with gas cause I went up to the neighbors last night and siphoned gas out of his truck so I have a full tank now. All I need now is a bottle of octane booster, he doesn't buy premium.

Carmen, I think it'll be to cold for the pink shorts so I'm gonna have to wear my zuba pants and combat boots. :D :D

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody that is going from the Harrisburg area. We are meeting at the Hardees in Dauphin at 8:30 Saturday morning.

It is about a 50 minute beautiful drive up RT 11/15 then up 104.

See everybody then. Should be a fun day for the track!!

So far I believe we have about 7 vipers coming. Anybody else plan on making it wan't to meet and ride up with us?

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Ed I can't make it! I'm still waiting for my tuner to get me a program for my AEM so my car will start easier & won't keep shutting off at every red light. How aggrevating! You pay these guys & still have to wait for service!
Well good luck & hope you don't get rained out!

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got rained out this Saturday, to bad Sunday was not available it was beautiful!!

This Saturday is the last day available before the track closes for the season.

Got a few vipers going on Saturday if anyone is interested.

Jamie,
I know the frustration you are going through on my Gen I, after paying a shop to build my motor they did not torque the cam gear bolt and I lost 3 months of drive time for them to figure this out and it cost me additional money for their mistake. Either way good luck getting your AEM worked out. Also Lauri mentioned you needed coil packs, did you ever get them, I have a spare set you can have.

Ed

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer on the coil packs Ed but I got 2 brand new one's free thru the use of my Dodge Visa points. What a great credit card! Anyway I got them on the car & still no new program from my tuner. All he has to do is sit down & email me the new program, I load it in the car & I'm ready to rock! Is that so hard to do??
Looking at the extended forecast, it doesn't look good for this Saturday either! It's also the last one for Maple Grove. If I have to I'll go down Cecil County, they're open until December.

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Ed no sooner said than done! Got my program, loaded it in the car, took it out for a test run & on the way back in 2nd gear going about 40mph, I punched it not quite to the floor and broke/twisted a Unitrax half shaft on the driver's side. If it wasn't for bad luck, well you know the rest. So I have to get one & replace the twisted one. Will try & keep you posted!
Jamie

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you got your program and it sounds like the car is back strong, if you broke at 40 MPH. WOW, what kind of tires were you running to break a unitrax on a roll?

Is there anything stronger than the unitrax? I am not making close to your power and want to upgrade mine from stock. Me and Dan (twin turbo Gen I) were at Heffners on Friday to dyno and mine made 630 rwhp and 830 rwtq with the 200 shot.

If the weather is not nice this Saturday I would not mind going to Cecil, but I probably will get the boot since I don't have a cage.

I am just gonna hope the weather forecast changes for Saturday.

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, the car's running real strong. I have Pirelli PZero's on. I got it off the car & sent it to Unitrax today. They said they will either replace or repair at minimal cost. Supposedly Unitrax makes them to cover 1000 HP but I'm not sure what torque. I know on the dyno I was ******* it over 1000 torque every run and we had to shut down at 4500 rpm because of my bad coil packs.
I think they boot you 11.5 & under at Cecil. Now I hear Saturday's suppose to be nice. Either way my car won't have a half shaft by then. Good luck!