If I Wanted to go into the engine.....

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keeping in mind that I live in CA and would want a "bullet proof" engine (want to gain 100-150 hp) what would people recommend in terms of cam, heads,rods, pistons, valves etc (the works) to get this and still remain streetable and CA legal? This is a engine only question and not nitrous or supercharger? Money is not a factor (up to 30k) :confused:

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For about 25-30K you can have the block overbored, heads done, race pistons done, cam done and Dry sumped. This will add from 140-200 HP with good reliabilty. Give John at West Coast Viper. They do a great job.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im going to one of the best engine builders in the country this week to have my Paxton s/c installed. I'll be doing the heads on the car also. I'll talk to them while I'm there, and get some prices on engine build-ups. I think your gonna be surprised at some of the prices we can come up with, and there will be no question about the quality of the work and parts used.

I really would like to have a swap out program on these engines
This would save a huge amount of time for the purchaser. Who want's to waite 6-8 weeks for their motor to be built.

Skip White

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For about 1/3 of the price you can do a DLM bolt on Paxton system and make more hp and dirve the car EVERYDAY.
i'm building mine right now and i can use all the parts latter to upgrade the entire system and make more power if i want to. Everything has been going very smoothly other then the oil pan gasket is a piece of shyt :( and held me up for a day. i'm going to post my dyno numbers when i'm done :D
Max

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62